Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05-JUL-2022

Old good "Delete everything except my server" attitude is back!

And spoken from the very young server, to remove old servers, what a surprise.

Just reminder: Defiance is Epic/Chaos, just few years earlier.

But who knows, maybe in few years we gonna have next "fresh" pvp server that could became the only one. Of course after removing old servers that just waste devs time. Much.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

But who knows, maybe in few years we gonna have next "fresh" pvp server that could became the only one.

Actually, I absolutely agree and thank you for the perspective.

I revise my request to deleting Chaos, Epic, and Defiance, and launching a new PvP server accessible via portal from both SFI and NFI that follows most/all of Defiance's ruleset.

25 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Old good "Delete everything except my server" attitude is back!

And spoken from the very young server, to remove old servers, what a surprise.

Just reminder: Defiance is Epic/Chaos, just few years earlier.

But who knows, maybe in few years we gonna have next "fresh" pvp server that could became the only one. Of course after removing old servers that just waste devs time. Much.

Coming from someone who has played off and on since Wild/Chaos was 15 minutes old, I wish they deleted that pile when Epic was released. Or kept it a freedom map. 

Epic had a lot of cool concepts that basically were killed off because freedom wanted them.  It made it unique and a separate arena feel.  Unfortunately a lot of those mechanics were removed or incorporated into the mainstream servers.  Removing the feel of it being unique and making it bland.  It really just isn't unique enough anymore other than the grinding scene to interest anyone.

The other issue is the same thing that has always happened.  A majority of the players just flee one server or just return for a short time.  Never really allowing a long term healthy balance of player pop for any pvp server.  Even back in 2016 when the servers had a somewhat healthy pop.  Obviously NFI needed a pvp map so defiance makes sense but yeah.  I really just don't keep seeing the need for Pvp map shuffles.  Only to have a lot of people quit when they don't want to move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockmodd said:

Would be curious about this too. Believe the wiki just says "reduces decay compared to other woodtypes".

Well, Cedar things are intended to decay less then other woodtypes, but it was behaving weird and decaying a bit too slow. That is what was changed.

• Like 1

Nice change, lets continue with no artis,war bonus , and nerf the Wrath of mag.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Subie said:

Nice change, lets continue with no artis,war bonus , and nerf the Wrath of mag.

Ehhhhhhh Artifacts can stay imo. Most of them arent going to give anyone a bonus in PVP anyways, but i agree with getting rid of war bonus, and Libila should get a spell like wrath of mag imo

Sad to see champions go. Wanted to become one myself someday.

Understandable though.

On 7/5/2022 at 5:49 PM, garforl said:

Sad to see champions go. Wanted to become one myself someday.

Understandable though.

OP mentioned that they'll be rebalanced and reintroduced in the future, so don't lose hope on that.

I truly welcome the change. After resubbing one of my toons just a few days ago following a year-long hiatus, this is the kind of thing that will keep me subbed. Small steps in the right direction IMO.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2022 at 10:37 AM, Finnn said:

Any details around cedar nerf?

Any response for this? I was thinking , maybe this is an update response to all them cedarwood carts that refuse to ever decay? I will keep an eye out for the indestructible carts around my area. See if this updates fixes those.

Sign in to follow this