Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05-JUL-2022

• Bugfix: Fixed an issue that was causing cedar items to decay much slower than intended.
  • Bugfix: Another fix to allow proper triggering of multiple journal goals by one achievement.
  • Bugfix: Fixes to UI lag issues.
  • Bugfix: Moon metal archaeology fragments will now transform into proper moon metal materials when the item is completed.
  • Bugfix: Can no longer place merchants on a bridge without a stall.
  • PVP Change: Must now place a merchant within your own kingdom’s influence on PVP servers.

Champions on Chaos

With champions having been removed from Epic and never introduced onto Defiance, the topic has also come up several times about removing them from Chaos. We feel that this is the best short-term solution until we have a chance to rebalance and reintroduce them.

We will disable champions for Chaos during the maintenance reset on July 12th. When this happens, any existing champion that logs in will dechamp shortly after, with -5 to all characteristics instead of the normal -6; everything else functions as a normal dechamp.

We hope to bring champions back in the future, but in a way that makes them less of a requirement to remain competitive and more of a fun gameplay choice.

• Like 12
  • Cat 1

I don't play on SFI, so this doesn't effect me at all, but forcing a dechamp, then hitting them with -5 to all characteristics seems a little unfair

Just now, Sinnjinn said:

I don't play on SFI, so this doesn't effect me at all, but forcing a dechamp, then hitting them with -5 to all characteristics seems a little unfair

They get +5 to all of them when becoming a champ, and normally they would receive -6 when losing champion status so all we did was remove the -1 penalty you normally suffer as we are ending it early.

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

THANKYOU SO MUCH my home server is slightly less cancerous .... now to remove arties and war bonus :)

• Like 1

I’ve never wanted to kiss a bunch of devs more

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beastwolf said:

THANKYOU SO MUCH my home server is slightly less cancerous .... now to remove arties and war bonus :)

agreed

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

9 minutes ago, Beastwolf said:

Just remove Chaos and Epic 🙃 and let SFI PvPers portal to Defiance for PvP. Consolidate the player base and stop the dev team from being pulled in multiple directions trying to balance multiple different servers.

Edit: Also please remove rare speed horses from PvP as well. Surprised they're still in over a year later. Oh yes and give us 25% skillgain on Defiance so I can grind there instead of Freedom too please, thank you.

Edited by Pukaria
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Cipacadrinho said:

acid pot nerf when?:)

Delete Chaos and Epic. We already don't have this on Defiance 😄

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

Just remove Chaos and Epic 🙃 and let SFI PvPers portal to Defiance for PvP. Consolidate the player base and stop the dev team from being pulled in multiple directions trying to balance multiple different servers.

I Acualy said the exact same thing in our discord earlier today.

Edit: Also awsome uppdate ❤️

Edited by Tedzogh
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pukaria said:

Delete Chaos and Epic. We already don't have this on Defiance 😄

+1 lol

19 minutes ago, Darklords said:

They get +5 to all of them when becoming a champ, and normally they would receive -6 when losing champion status so all we did was remove the -1 penalty you normally suffer as we are ending it early.

mvp

Delete Chaos and Epic and make Defiance the only possible spawn point for new players! They have to fight their way to pve!:0

3 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

Edit: Also awsome uppdate ❤️

No you are awesome! :)

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Just now, Cipacadrinho said:

No you are awesome! :)

thanks ❤️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Delete Chaos and Epic and make Defiance the only possible spawn point for new players! They have to fight their way to pve!:0

That's actually quite funny, but probably too tough of a sell.

Veri nais 👍

-MichaelT

34 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

If closing servers has taught wurm anything is that that just leads to players quitting for good plus why would they want to give up playing on chaos just to play on a lesser server with fewer fun mechanics?
A better thing to do is to just leave it the hell alone you wanna play on defiance by all means go do so those who wanna play on chaos can do so no harm in either of them a close of chaos will just mean people move to other sfi servers or quit or just go out with a bang and band together to demolish defiance deeds because why shouldnt they at that point they lost everything they worked for so why not defiance players too.

50 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Thank you for clearing that up

Any details around cedar nerf?

• Like 1

Just now, Finnn said:

Any details around cedar nerf?

Would be curious about this too. Believe the wiki just says "reduces decay compared to other woodtypes".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wipeout said:

why would they want to give up playing on chaos just to play on a lesser server with fewer fun mechanics?

You're generalizing ("fun" mechanics?) and sensationalizing ("lesser" server?) instead of giving specific examples so I can only assume you don't have a firm grasp of what the Defiance mechanics are.

This is now at least the second time Chaos rules have been changed to bring them closer to Defiance (the animal leading limit being the first), and you have the Chaos playerbase themselves wanting to change more in the same way (e.g. the acid imbue).

33 minutes ago, wipeout said:

you wanna play on defiance by all means go do so those who wanna play on chaos can do so no harm in either of them

It's not a situation of "play where you want," since NFI and SFI are separate. But you could allow SFI to portal to Defiance the way we can from Freedom NFI, with skills (except fighting and faith) but no items.

The harm is that we have a tiny playerbase and that harm is furthered by the fact that what we do have is splintered. This is all aside from the small dev team also splitting time maintaining several different rulesets.

43 minutes ago, wipeout said:

just go out with a bang and band together to demolish defiance deeds

Yes, please, this is what I'm asking for. I would love to do a deed defense. I think it would be fun for all!!

46 minutes ago, wipeout said:

at that point they lost everything they worked for so why not defiance players too.

Again, I suspect maybe you aren't familiar with how the Defiance mechanics work. Nothing would be lost since skills carry over. Deeds are meant to be built and destroyed in PvP so it sounds like a pretty PvE perspective if you're implying that losing Chaos deeds means "losing everything."

52 minutes ago, Rockmodd said:

Would be curious about this too. Believe the wiki just says "reduces decay compared to other woodtypes".

+1

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

You're generalizing ("fun" mechanics?) and sensationalizing ("lesser" server?) instead of giving specific examples so I can only assume you don't have a firm grasp of what the Defiance mechanics are.

This is now at least the second time Chaos rules have been changed to bring them closer to Defiance (the animal leading limit being the first), and you have the Chaos playerbase themselves wanting to change more in the same way (e.g. the acid imbue).

It's not a situation of "play where you want," since NFI and SFI are separate. But you could allow SFI to portal to Defiance the way we can from Freedom NFI, with skills (except fighting and faith) but no items.

The harm is that we have a tiny playerbase and that harm is furthered by the fact that what we do have is splintered. This is all aside from the small dev team also splitting time maintaining several different rulesets.

Yes, please, this is what I'm asking for. I would love to do a deed defense. I think it would be fun for all!!

Again, I suspect maybe you aren't familiar with how the Defiance mechanics work. Nothing would be lost since skills carry over. Deeds are meant to be built and destroyed in PvP so it sounds like a pretty PvE perspective if you're implying that losing Chaos deeds means "losing everything."

Clearly I don't, I don't know that with a max of 150 slope steep walls the enjoyment i get from creating big giant deeds becomes less fun because its now too easy to climb over(plenty of SFI accounts with 50+ or even 80+ climbing and 60+ body stam)
Surface mining deep trenches is impossible so even less fun there
The change to mine doors just makes deeds inherently weaker and i never understood, coming from someone who did 50 hour+ sieges on deeds in the past such a obvious weakness would have turned those 50 hour sieges into 1-5 because a group of 10-15 could run in and still mine through that instead of having their actions interrupted(1.3 sec mining timer vs 30 second bashing timer)
Sure you could say "oh all that matters is skill" but no there are named items that have a past(items given out to players for reaching 100 in a certain skill) there is a rich history within the area's that we roam on chaos stories that you just do not find on defiance because it is just that new still.
Lets not even get me started on raid windows a bs mechanic brought on because chaos had a time where everyone from a certain timezone played in the same kingdom and that lead to night raids from either side but 1 side didnt like to do raids and only wanted to do open world pvp and roaming pvp and they never got that as the other kingdom wanted to flatten deeds
I could go on as sure there are some good ones like war bonus causing less damage taken from siege weapons vs more player damage but honestly a lot of it are nerfs brought on by developers who had no or limited understanding of proper pvp and made a kindergarden version of chaos with more hand holding(starter zones be dammed)

If SFI accounts did come to NFI that no fighting/faith wouldnt be an issue the mindset a lot of us have is regear from scratch and be up and running within a week(quite a few of us also roamed around on wu pvp servers in times of no active pmk's to deal with just to do this more and more) it wouldn't be an issue and a lot of us have said before a portal from chaos to defiance could be fun but closing chaos is a big no, as for the arguement of "small dev team splitting up time maintaining different rulesets" being a bad thing thats bs, with the current staff numbers if given better management and staff were held to delivering projects on time vs what they have done over the last few years the staff could easily maintain multiple different server types and still have an easy time after all once such a server type is setup it really is not hard to maintain as unless a new mechanic requires specific tweaks to be different then the implementation of said feature across sfi and nfi is 0 extra work

The difference would be your deed defense would result in a daily "oh its raid window time" and we would be there 6 hours a day not giving up as why would we care we would just use alts to store gear we die we regear run out and keep going you take away the home of someone what do they have left to defend? all that you will get is a few roaming groups that terrorize everyone they can when ever they can until people moan about it and even then they will not stop, they wont care about dying like you would as they have nothing to loose.
Current meta on chaos? Leather gear and no one really cares about dying as much for the sake of gear that is, that rush you get from risking something valuable wont be there as nothing would hold value for such groups but to ruin the day of those who forced them into those positions.

I know myself that if i lost Chaos because a bunch of NFI wanted more people to deal with I would sit there making sure my group would have sets upon sets to throw at you to destroy your deed to drain it 5 times in a row no matter where you found your new deed no matter how quick you try to rebuild, it is not a threat it is a simple fact.

If you look at chaos history any time there was a kingdom that the other kingdoms did not like they would be bullied into disbanding and that is what will happen there too and you do not want that, It would only take a few days for people to find and share the weapon and armour changes between the different servers even if no one else tells them those things there just isn't anything stopping that from happening.

When jackal came out a part of our group got together founded a village and within a few days time we had high ql gear high skills and were off destroying things.
When we decide to random roam epic we join someone's place gear up and mess around till we grow bored then give up go back.
When we went to WU others quit leading to dead pvp servers.

The thing is Chaos has a lot of toxicity in it the players their mindset is that of a "Lets just mess around" far to often we have enemy kingdoms come over to our deed and sit down in chairs and we join them, the next day we are killing each other for the sake of it and yet the day after we join hands to kill another group and when that isn't going on you got people grinding to 100's while someone sits there eating dirt as if his life depends on it.

You know what would happen with 150 steep dirt walls? You would just find a deed with a few hundred walls wrapped around each other full of thorns with a big thorn field around it and everyone fo priest while their crafter toons stay safe you wont do much against that sorry to say as you might break through a few walls climb over them bash the houses treb them whatever come back the next day its all back and more walls to get through, it wont be a fun deed defense its just a "how many walls can we bash through today in the 6 hour window we have while all these fo players keep murdering us"

At the end of the day Defiance has something that Chaos doesn't and that is a fresher mindset more pure less chaotic you dont have people who have been playing for 10+ years with 9+ alts who are bored spending thousands on buying sleep powder and silver just to feed their addiction that is wurm doing whatever they can think of as they did everything so for the sake of it lets keep Chaos around and if anything just link them with portals that we can craft and leave it at that dont get rid of chaos and force the pvper's to defiance as that just leads to quitting of wurm or that toxic behavior spreading to defiance

"I know myself that if i lost Chaos because a bunch of NFI wanted more people to deal with I would sit there making sure my group would have sets upon sets to throw at you to destroy your deed to drain it 5 times in a row no matter where you found your new deed no matter how quick you try to rebuild, it is not a threat it is a simple fact." thats what defiance is for, so please try.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this