garforl

Garforl's Big Fat Libila Suggestion

1. mycelium spread

I play a Libila priest as a main account. Loving it so far while playing on Independence but really put off by some of the barriers in place on the spell list and complete absence of mycelium. Asking in global chat I got a few responses as to why this is.

[11:59:01] <xxx> it only spreads in combined hots/hots template influence and lib altar influence, if you took away the kingdom requirement it'd just ugly up whereever lib altars are

[11:58:54] <xxx> I think there's a worry about free heals, mycelium spread and the full water/food bar endlessly on PvE

[11:58:15] <xxx> at a guess, it would just overtake all the wildlands eventually

If these are the playerbase worries then there must be solutions. Why not make the conditions for mycelium spread be an altar of Libila on deed? If natural spread is still bothersome to people with several alts or a mixed community of followers then lock its spread to only the corrupt spell. Furthermore make it so mycelium will not overgrow grass and vice versa.

2. munching on mycelium - worthwhile?

To be frank, no. Pulling a line from the wiki -

"Mycelium also restores the food bar and halts the loss of carbs, calories, fats and proteins of followers of Libila over time while they're standing on it. The increase is approximately the same as the normal decrease from hunger." -Wurm Wiki

Food and cooking is still necessary. CCFP are NOT recovered and relying solely on mycelium for sustenance locks you away from food affinity use. Beyond being a fresh spawn myceliums food buff isn't that amazing and if I might say should be avoided to capitalize on affinity skill gains.

Mycelium also heals a neglible amount of health, comparable to enchanted grass perhaps. Same thing we already have but now for Libila people!

3. zombies. more zombies

I never got an answer for why zombie spells are blocked off. If someone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it. Necromancy is fun which leads me to my final point....

4. make libila fun again

Raising the dead is FUN. Having a unique settlement with mycelium is FUN. Filling said settlement with zombies and corrupted animals is FUN.

By the communities and developers grace I beg of you. Bring our fair ladies influence and culture to Freedom. There are so many amazing things to do under her wing but we just... can't. Thank you for reading.

Edited by garforl
  • Like 9

Maybe if Mycelium would slowly change to tundra over time, would that help with spread concerns?  There are ppl pretty fond of tundra, after all.  Vyn already has a spell that helps make tundra, so this isn't too crazy (ice pillar).  I think the rifts already have a mycelium -> tundra action.  

I support zombie pets.  I think there would be a market for them if they could have a decent "lifespan" as it were.  I'd love to have a zombie pet myself.  And hey, Halloween is just around the corner, great time to introduce this, right? 😉

Lib does need a little more love shown to her, yes, she has the best looking colossus, but she needs more practical perks <3

• Like 2

+1

Why not?! Also, if I got an extra care for slot, and I want to care for  a zombie champion anaconda, why not?

ISdUn7Z.jpg

...or zombie sea serpent 😉 

• Like 3

MY PEOPLE!

The elder gods have taken note of the heretics in this latest update to the core texts. Leaving faith is more difficult.

Now find solace in Libila and get mycelium on Freedom. Open the gates for our own influence.

• Like 1

Do the dead dream of zombie sheep?

Bumping this. Freedom still lacks the true blessing of lady Libila.

I'd be okay with mycelium

• within the domain of Libila
  • on deed
  • that is encroached upon by grass
  • that can't encroach upon grass or any natural tile

On 7/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, garforl said:

3. zombies. more zombies

I never got an answer for why zombie spells are blocked off. If someone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it. Necromancy is fun which leads me to my final point....

if you're talking about land of the dead, it's because it sets off massive lag with enough corpses

17 minutes ago, Madnath said:

if you're talking about land of the dead, it's because it sets off massive lag with enough corpses

Ah. Fair point. I've noticed zombie corpses are essentially useless. Nothing to harvest from them. They could simply fizzle away to nothing when expiring. It would solve the lag issue.

I seem to recall Mycelium spawning at or after rifts on Independence.

Suggestion: I think it should be possible to grow mycelium in a large planter.  It wouldn't spread to the tiles around, but if you stand (or stand your corrupted animal) on the same tile as the planter it could give the usual mycelium effects.  (All grazing animals should be able to feed from large planters ideally.)  This planter system could be used both above and below ground.  If we can grow healing cover mushrooms in large planters - why not mycelium? ;) 

I don't have a problem with people keeping zombie and corrupted pets on their deed, especially if they were logically seen by the game as different mobs, so that they didn't adversely affect the spawn rate of regular mobs.  As long as there is a way protect the animals of white lighters from these spells on PvE servers - such as only cast by villagers on their own deed to animals branded to that same deed, as well as a way to reverse it - in case of mistakes.

We don't need to drain all the fun out of something - just drain the life out of it.  :P 

Keep persevering on Indy, I think the lack of progress for Libby spells on freedom is partly due to lack of BL voices, and vice versa.

Another bump.

Bless our fair lady. New owners heed my call.

Bernie-I-Am-Once-Again-Asking-For-Your-S

The disrespect continues. I beg of thee. Grant us the love of lady Libila.

Actually, no.

th?id=OIP.2mxUvdZVnm9vXmP5ZMgZ1wHaHa%26p

I demand MORE. WRAITH DEED GUARDS instead of the horrible spirit templars.

That is all.

• Like 1