Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Monthly Non-Skin Additions

It would be something great to look forward to every month if we could get a monthly non-skin addition to the game. A new craftable item, a new creature, a new plant, etc, etc. Skins are ok, but something else each month more "material" (if that's the right word) would be fantastic.

• Like 3

Great idea, i like it. +1

But, you will be heard probably about "Too much work". So yeah, one can only dream.

I'd be so, so happy if they would just change the monthly skin tokens into crafting recipes so we can actually craft the special item models on characters that bought them from the marks shop. Then we could continue to tell new players that "everything you see in the game is player-made", because that statement is sadly becoming less true every month the way it is now :( 

• Like 6

Problem is you think you are asking for 1 thing but really you're asking for 100. New creature = new butchering mats, new graphic, new cooking diff/aff, 10,000 new bugs, spawn restriction for other creatures, dmg type etc etc etc. 

I don't think monthly but maybe every 3 months I'd be down for it.

3 hours ago, Vorticella said:

I'd be so, so happy if they would just change the monthly skin tokens into crafting recipes so we can actually craft the special item models on characters that bought them from the marks shop. Then we could continue to tell new players that "everything you see in the game is player-made", because that statement is sadly becoming less true every month the way it is now :( 

This so much. Def see myself buying a fancy decor item for the settlement.

I just want additional recipes creatures isn’t necessary we hardly see anything but spiders anyway.

plus beyond treasure maps no one leaves home.  Give us more decorations 

You can craft the items you put the skins on, they're still player made 

30 minutes ago, Archaed said:

You can craft the items you put the skins on, they're still player made 

You can't craft the skin, so no, you can't tell a player that the item they are looking at is player made. They cannot make everything they see in the game because they can't make skins.

• Like 2

Something new other than skins to look forward to every month like a new creature or plant of some kind would be awesome! There are a multitude of animals and plants players have been begging for over the years. As for crafting items the addition of say glass blowing, taxidermy, and cartography would lend to those quite nicely. But I also believe that crafting recipes for skins is a great idea.

• Like 1

Code can be recycled for easier implementation.

Want a quick item?

Here's an example : Excel potion! Gives you the same buff as Excel from Vynora Spell list.  Crafted using Natural Substances. Made by combining any type of strong alcohol (whiskey, gin, vodka, etc) + honey (or animal fat)!  

Quality affects the max power of the buff effect. Usage timer is 20 seconds to imbibe the potion, same as the spell length itself. 

Gives a bonus to defence same as the spell works.  

The buff is already coded. The status item is already coded, can just give it a different title. You don't have to create new ingredients for it. 

On 7/2/2022 at 3:39 PM, Tor said:

But, you will be heard probably about "Too much work". So yeah, one can only dream.

To be honest, we pay monthly subscriptions. Do players say, "it's too much work to buy prem?". This game implies a transactional relationship, give and take. Players pay for content, literally. If the company doesn't offer content, players leave. It is as simple as that. I don't want to blame the current staff for anything.

But I do think it's time to write some letters to the owners to actually hire some full time devs. It's a crying tragedy that wurm has so much potential literally choked by lack of investment into it.

So add this stuff 12 times a year and bam...suddenly a skill like NS has more options to it. 

Edited by elentari