Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Sledgehammer

We have a hatchet — a tool for cutting trees. It's basically an axe, but it's useless as a weapon because it's specialized for cutting trees. (Oh, and it doesn't use weapon smithing to improve.)

Let's put a 2kg hammer head on the end of a full length shaft, and make a sledge hammer. A tool that is similar to a maul, but no good as a weapon because it's optimized for demolition.

Pleeeeeeees?

• Like 2

if this means the sledgehammer will have significantly more damage dealt to walls, floors, and fences than a similar ql large maul, then yeah, +1

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

if this means the sledgehammer will have significantly more damage dealt to walls, floors, and fences than a similar ql large maul, then yeah, +1

Maybe slightly better? I don't want to unbalance the game, and I know that PvP players would be affected.

It should take less damage in use, and it would definitely be easier to improve / maintain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Maybe slightly better? I don't want to unbalance the game, and I know that PvP players would be affected.

It should take less damage in use, and it would definitely be easier to improve / maintain.

Just dont let them work in pvp

We have half a dozen items that work in pvp and not pve, let them take a lose for once

I say yes.  But.... the huge maul really is already a sledge hammer - it is light on the "mediaeval" and heavy on the "fantasy".  😉