Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Why was "Destinations Unknown" been made more difficult? Especially for priests?

Question is in the title.  Why do we have to do 10 difficult maps? 

Priests cannot imp stuff so naturally the goal they could skip the "imp items 100 000 times" before completing the journal goal. Doing 100 rifts is awful enough, why is destinations unknown been made even more difficult by forcing people to go through the grueling RNG of maybe getting a 60 ql map or higher? 

This also applies to standard accounts too. Again...isn't the grind of 100 rifts enough? Or 500 000 actions? Or titles? Why force another RNG gated goal into the mix after so many people have already voiced their displeasure about 100 rifts being too much and they're also timegated? 

I would really like to hear what was the justification for this. The goal IS HARD. It has never been easy. Why make it harder while keeping the rewards the same? Why ? Please I'd like someone who decided on this to answer it. Why artificially increase the difficulty of something while keeping the reward the same? Seems like inflation isn't just in RL anymore. 

Edited by elentari

I'm confused they didn't change anything they just added another option right? Because you only have to do 12 out of 13 so it's exactly the same but with another path.

• Like 3

I am also confused as to how its harder... they gave you another option to complete it. The reward is pretty good already and worth doing it.

You've also completed like, ten of them haven't you lol

Giving players an additional option cannot make things harder (unless the hard part is choosing an option).

24 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Giving players an additional option cannot make things harder (unless the hard part is choosing an option).

but what the advertised was letting us skip 1 of the goals, allowing us to skip of the goals which is imposible for us to do BUT adding another one which is equally imposible, doesnt make it harder than before the update but it keeps it as imposible to do as it was before, so it makes it harder than what people expected from the announcements.

Why is doing 10 diff maps impossible? Compared to 100 rifts it is way way easier. I'm at 5 different completed with 3 more on me to do this weekend.  There are people with probably way more than 10 already done.

You can even buy them and people will be selling them more and more I would expect. As the newness wears off and they start piling up. 

I'm just confused maybe.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

Why is doing 10 diff maps impossible? Compared to 100 rifts it is way way easier. I'm at 5 different completed with 3 more on me to do this weekend.  There are people with probably way more than 10 already done.

You can even buy them and people will be selling them more and more I would expect. As the newness wears off and they start piling up. 

I'm just confused maybe.

true

ez pz vs 100x 4h+ rifts ( count preparing, traveling, doing, returning.. easily killing more than 4 hours a day... per event, so much "excitement"

Problem of the rifts is still the spawn(start) hours and the length of the events, also ridiculously old and lacking any updates loot table.

Besides the back rug.. there's no reason to do rifts unless somebody's starved for the few silvers off moonmetal lumps.

Maps.. easy if you're into alts and timing actions.. but that's disgusting playstyle, I'd rather go play something else, I personally can't do this, doesn't matter how easy to cheese and exploit that could be.

19 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

for me doing 1 map of any dificulty is imposible, when i get any maps i give them away or sacc them.

most rifts start after midnight on my timezone so i can only go to maybe 2 or 3 rifts every couple of months max, even then i dont go to most of those, and doing 100 rifts is still easier for me than finishing 1 map.

Why is any map impossible? Because you don't have time or don't want to do it? To me that's not what impossible to do means. The difficult maps are difficult but far from impossible. The time investment can be done on your terms and broken up over many sessions.

Maps have lots of issues but comparing 10 diff maps to 100 rifts is a bad comparison.

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

for me doing 1 map of any dificulty is imposible, when i get any maps i give them away or sacc them.

have you considered not doing this? I'm not doing it, and I'm doing maps no problem, I think in part because I'm not doing this

Edited by Stanlee
  • Like 1

How exactly is it imposible? You can wear any armor and weapon. Pretty sure you can also ride a horse. And as a last resort whoever you’ve been giving your maps away to can help you do your own. Probably a good idea to stop giving those maps away so that you can sell them and buy hard clues. 👌🏻 That way you can eliminate the rng aspect of it.