Sign in to follow this  
DaletheGood

QoL Building Menu

Pretty sure I saw this suggestion before, but couldn't find it.

When building a building, you add the wall plan to the crafting window, which then has an alphabetical list of all the walls possible, given your choice of either hammer or trowel. There is no way to collapse each section, i.e. Stone, Pottery, Plain Stone, Marble, etc. Since most buildings have a variety of different wall types made with the same material, each different wall requires scrolling through the seemingly endless list of wall types.

There should be a "+" box next to each type of wall, so that you can keep open only that type and choose from just those walls as you build. So, if I'm making a Rounded Stone church (last building i made, which made me think of this) I can keep only that Rounded Stone section open as I progress around the walls. And don't do some funky code where each time I add a wall plan to the crafting window I have to go find that section again.

That's it. Should be a simple fix with a big QoL impact.

• Like 7

Can't like or +1 this enough. This would be a huge QoL measure (it's always driven me nuts, heh). Yes please!

• Like 1

+1 If it hasn't been mentioned before it definitely should have been. Eliminating needless scrolling is always getting an up vote from me.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

quick keybinding for planning building doesnt work btw

This needs to be revived and moved up the list of QoL changes needed. Have built about 12 buildings the last month and I'm sick and tired of scrolling through the list of wall options. Just give us the base list: Marble, Plain Stone, Pottery, Rounded Stone, Sandstone, Slate, Stone with a "+" to open up and see the options underneath.  C'mon devs, like how hard could that be to implement?

Naah, people are struggling with these for years, what could be a reason to change that?

Some things indicate that devs does not really play this game.

There are tons of qol improvements in suggestion forums, that still were not implemented. Most of those you naturally invent by just playing a game.