Sign in to follow this  
Darkelf

Bring back the old UI

Idk, i didnt like this new UI that was launch few years ago when the game had a remake over on Steam. Played Unlimited few servers and i do missed the old UI. Can we have them back? Least have an option to switch back on the settings.

• Like 3

"Keeping it around and updated isn't feasible in the long term due to the doubled development time needed"

• Like 1

You aren't the first to ask. I also prefer the old UI. 

1 hour ago, Darkelf said:

Idk, i didnt like this new UI that was launch few years ago when the game had a remake over on Steam. Played Unlimited few servers and i do missed the old UI. Can we have them back? Least have an option to switch back on the settings.

the old is doing away soon but its not gone yet, it disappears on july 1st.

Personally I would also like the old UI back - I don't even use the new features. The feature offers a context key that ignores context. Standing on rock? Sure thing, recommend DRINK. Standing on sand? Recommend MINE.

I would not care for the loss of a broken mechanic if it meant the UI was friendly again - or at least let us customize our own UI. 

2 minutes ago, Blazecraze said:

I don't even use the new features.

Treasure hunting is also in that category, for example. And the old UI would become progressively more broken over time with whatever comes in the future.

It's much better to get the new UI to improve.

2 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

Treasure hunting is also in that category, for example. And the old UI would become progressively more broken over time with whatever comes in the future.

It's much better to get the new UI to improve.

Treasure hunting is also irrelevant to me, as all that time and effort towards roughly 1 to 5 silvers worth of items isn't worth my time. I explore enough when I successfully find, trap and slay/sell uniques. 

I would 100% be in support of missing out on any of these other features that I do not use just to have a UI that I like. 

I regularly swap between the old UI and new UI depending on what I'm doing. I prefer the old UI when I'm crafting, new UI I use for fighting and maps.

we did ask and were told that even updating the ui without the new features is too much to ask, so try suggesting more ways to add options that help make the new ui simpler. budda seemed to listen to the things i suggested, like having the option to turn off the search bars and filters.

• Like 2

I used to play Wurm Unlimited also and liked the old UI. Would be nice if they kept it but I very much doubt it.

It would be good if the devs might keep in mind the desire for a "no frills" UI, taking away a few features which are not wanted by some and may be resource hungry. Personally I like search bars and filters and could well use more (on forges, carts, and chests for example), but could well do without any ingame wiki (though it is a cool feature, but eats a lot on small boxes, and I deeply mistrust Chrome as everything from Google).

• Like 1

It does bring back the good ol days when playing. I think i like the border arts better around those icon abilities down below, plus i like those slim text/number styles too or font. Its too bold in this new one and been trying to find a way to switch the font back.

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

but could well do without any ingame wiki (though it is a cool feature, but eats a lot on small boxes, and I deeply mistrust Chrome as everything from Google).

There's a checkbox on the Gameplay tab of the Settings window that lets you choose if you want to use the in-game wurmpedia. If you uncheck that it'll just load links in your external browser.

It used to load the browser on startup no matter what, but the exploration update addressed that: "The in-game browser will no longer load in the background if the Wurmpedia setting is disabled."

• Like 2