Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Treasure clue in the sea under a colossus

Did a map yesterday and a clue was to dig under a colossus called "knightshade" which was east of a deed called Knightshade. 

The location of the colossus is here https://deliverance.yaga.host/#1908,597 

As I spied the colossus from the shore I saw 4 tiles that seemed to be terraformed in the ocean which seemed to form the foundation for the colossus. Fortunately it was within swimming distance. 

Until I got there...

And I saw that I didn't regen stamina. Why? Because despite the fact there was dirt under the colossus it wasn't enough to stop me from drowning. Also it was a difficult map which implied digging in the sea so mobs would spawn there. The dirt layer was actually around 30 slope under the sea level. Basically this clue forced you to know to have a boat on hand. 

So you could dig under water...with a shovel. Which normally you can't do anyway at that depth. 

• Like 1

Just a curiosity - would dredging work? What about dropping dirts to raise the spot? (if it's even worth it)

From one standpoint, such underwater treasure locations are just dumb and difficult if not impossible. From another standpoint, irl some of the world's greatest treasures are found beneath the waves.

This is the first I've personally heard of any of the new system giving underwater locations.

It probably selected the colossus because it was around ~30 water depth but the current wurm code considered the colossus viable as a clue ?

Anyway. An alliance member came on a boat and rescued me , we killed the mobs and I dug under it for the next clue. 

Still it was an annoying experience.