Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Do you think this serves any good purpose?

9f8842dc7fdee27abe6ebc9c1a89bd32.png

a1773d7aa78830a2206c8f58e9e334e6.png

Randomly as you ride home a troll jumps you from the woods, and you get PTSD into 4+ minutes of restless sleep?

This is a logout timer in bed? 

Who benefits from this?

What "good" could possibly come from such feature on pve and ondeed?

How does 90+ fs character get crippled on movement by rat slap and no serious damage to the player?

How does random fight put ptsd condition lasting few minutes? 

cheers

p.s. no actual fight took place in this story, no trolls were harmed..

...nor players.. kind of

#wogic #big

34 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Who benefits from this?

What "good" could possibly come from such feature on pve and ondeed?

It prevents people from cheesing fights by hiding in a bed if it goes bad, I guess.

It could do with some improvement to the rules though. For example if the bed is in a room that the mob can't get into, it shouldn't cause a timer.

Doubt it.. beds work only indoors.. even if you plan arched 1x1 shack with a bed.. this is probably not a thing for epic portals.. so, logic? wogic?

It was reported years ago... and last staff reply was.. "it's do be discussed in the team" and there was no other reply to that.. 

it's not about the maintenance..

this was reported to be unnecessary year/+ ago, if you do not own a deed as mayor and you log out in bed ondeed - you get a timer...

this is for pvp for w/e reason; on pve - this is completely useless to the player

ptsd for near 99fs from a random roadkill troll seems a bit too much 'for realism', same thing happens with hellhorses, etc.. anything that glances off your armor or you dodge, whichever of the two - extends logout timer

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

7 hours ago, Lisimba said:

It prevents people from cheesing fights by hiding in a bed if it goes bad, I guess.

This has no place in PvE tbh. Especially if it's on a deed. /logout timer should reset to zero if you're on a deed on freedom. Simple as that.

I haven't heard of any games that have a hard logout timer of 5 minutes if a random mob like a cat scratches you once for 0.1 damage. It's just ridiculous. 

Edited by elentari

Agreed this has no place on freedom. As long as you're on deed in which you are part of or at least have perms on? you should be able to go to sleep without any timer. or lower the timer or PvE so its not 4 minutes. 

• Like 1

I thought this thread was about a rare potato, my bad, carry on.

9 hours ago, elentari said:

This has no place in PvE tbh. Especially if it's on a deed. /logout timer should reset to zero if you're on a deed on freedom. Simple as that.

8 hours ago, Zachariah said:

Agreed this has no place on freedom. As long as you're on deed in which you are part of or at least have perms on? you should be able to go to sleep without any timer. or lower the timer or PvE so its not 4 minutes. 

Yeah, I figure I agree with that.

If it turns out people find a way to abuse it, it can be adjusted again, hopefully with something more targeted.

As this appears to be a suggestion to remove the extended logout timer after a fight, I've moved it to suggestions.

I don't mind there being a logout timer but maybe it could be shorterned if on deed and conditions that mean its not being abused are met.

I think we're only looking at this from one side, I think quite a few of us have semi decent fight skill so we find this annoying, on the other hand I like watching newbies run around their deeds (And those who have not deeded yet) in a panic because they have no where to go when a troll or bear wanders onto their land. I had this in our very own village when a newbie joined us, and what was their solution? "Oh no a troll, I'm scared" I'm just gonna log out until someone else can deal with it!" Stuff like this kinda ticks me off, use your brain, if you cant fight something kite it to a tower or onto another deed with a templar. 

We were all noobs once, we all died, we all learned, and yet we are all still here! It's natural and part of the game, if you can just log out whenever you prefer to do so instead of taking a fight I feel it will remove a small amount of the learning to survive aspect of wurm. 

9 hours ago, Burdok said:

I think we're only looking at this from one side, I think quite a few of us have semi decent fight skill so we find this annoying, on the other hand I like watching newbies run around their deeds (And those who have not deeded yet) in a panic because they have no where to go when a troll or bear wanders onto their land. I had this in our very own village when a newbie joined us, and what was their solution? "Oh no a troll, I'm scared" I'm just gonna log out until someone else can deal with it!" Stuff like this kinda ticks me off, use your brain, if you cant fight something kite it to a tower or onto another deed with a templar. 

We were all noobs once, we all died, we all learned, and yet we are all still here! It's natural and part of the game, if you can just log out whenever you prefer to do so instead of taking a fight I feel it will remove a small amount of the learning to survive aspect of wurm. 

So maybe make it after 50fs the timer is cut in half and after 70 it completely goes away. I get your point of lower fs players just logging out until the troll goes away or someone else deals with them. But then if a player who is 50fs or even 70fs or higher does that with the current timer system chances are they are just going to be able to afk the mob anyways. So I guess it doesnt have much of a use in PvE for higher skilled players is what the statement should be. 

• Like 1