Sign in to follow this  
Burdok

Naming Recipies

Hey wurm guys and gals and everything in between!

I have been wondering about this section of the wiki for a while now and have a question.

Nameable Recipes

Some recipes exist that, when discovered, will be named with the first creator’s name in the title. A player can only have one recipe named after them. The recipe name will then be known as “(Player)’s (recipe name)”.

So how exactly does this work? How does one get a recipe named after yourself? Do you need to plead with a town council or kingdom advisor somewhere? Do I need to tape a unicorn horn on a mule and say wololo three times? I have no idea? 

Please could someone guide this pleb chef?

Edited by Burdok

I think a recipe automatically gets named after you if 1) the devs flagged it as a nameable recipe when they created the cooking system, and 2) you're the first one to ever make it, and 3) you didn't have a recipe named after you yet.

The cooking system has been out for a long time so there might not be any recipes left you could name.

I managed to get one because I use "lore" a lot to put together random dishes. It was totally by chance and a very exciting surprise! The recipe was for "classic curry" and it says "Tuxi's classic curry" in my cookbook. As far as I know, I happened to make the dish using a unique combination of ingredients that hadn't been done before on my server (I think it's server specific). Many recipes call for general ingredient types like "cooking oil", "any spice" or "vegetable", so there is some room for your exact recipe to be unique, but as Lisimba said it also has to be one that the devs have flagged as nameable. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to try and do this intentionally because you'd need to know which recipes are still available for naming and I don't know if or how you could figure that out.

As has been covered above, there are a number of specific recipes, which can be 'discovered' by a specific person.  If you are the first person on a server to make one of those, the recipe (and any foods made using that recipe) will be known as 'your' <food>.  These recipes generally need specific ingredients (e.g. pine nuts rather than any nut).  Some are completely unique and some are specific versions of generic recipies.  They also come in a range of difficulties and complexities.  You can only have 1 recipe per server named after your character.

Note that there are a few pre-named recipies that are the same everywhere (e.g. Tich's game jalfrezi).  These commemorate various people involved in the implementation of the cooking system.

• Like 1