Sign in to follow this  
Zakiah

Underground Tokens on PvE

Right now, if we wanted to build a massive, sprawling, underground paradise on PvE servers to make any dwarf envious, we still need to travel to the surface world to place and interact with the deed token.

I understand why tokens and vendors (and perhaps other things) are limited to the surface world for PvP purposes; a deed could bury their token literally anywhere underground and hide it from raiders, etc.

But there is no raiding on PvE (at least as long as a token stands *ahem*).  There is no token-draining on PvE.  PvE doesn't need any of the PvP protections because those PvP mechanics simply don't exist on PvE.  Deed borders extend both above ground and underground, so it's not as if it would be possible to hide the deed in this manner.

Please, allow us to place our deed tokens (and vendors) below ground and maintain proper immersion as is suitable for a beautiful, grand fortress under the mountains!

• Like 4

I favor this, even though it's not something I'd personally do.

For those of us who are more hobbits than dwarves, some nicer looking wooden floor and wall cladding options for our hallways would also be welcome. :)

• Like 1

Obvious +1, those are options I've always supported!

IF tokens cannot be located underground, I'd suggest a secondary token to be placed where needed underground (the primary one would still dictate the deeds option). Just see the secondary token as a remote interface to act on the primary token bank / deed settings / sell / etc.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Odynn said:

IF tokens cannot be located underground, I'd suggest a secondary token to be placed where needed underground (the primary one would still dictate the deeds option). Just see the secondary token as a remote interface to act on the primary token bank / deed settings / sell / etc.

That seems like a good idea. Have the token exist on the same tile both above ground and below ground, and let the deed owner hide up to one of them.

5 hours ago, Lisimba said:

That seems like a good idea. Have the token exist on the same tile both above ground and below ground, and let the deed owner hide up to one of them.

I think that the best / most likely solution may be for a deed token to be present both above and below ground (if/when the tile contains a cave). This is likely to cause the least complexity and development risk, since there are fewer weird edge cases. It won't break anything if a cave collapses, for example. And deed tokens can already be interacted with by multiple players at the same time.

And I think hobbits and even the most intense dwarves will be able to live with a sundial that actually sees the sun.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Odynn said:

Obvious +1, those are options I've always supported!

3 hours ago, Sheffie said:

I think that the best / most likely solution may be for a deed token to be present both above and below ground (if/when the tile contains a cave). This is likely to cause the least complexity and development risk, since there are fewer weird edge cases. It won't break anything if a cave collapses, for example. And deed tokens can already be interacted with by multiple players at the same time.

And I think hobbits and even the most intense dwarves will be able to live with a sundial that actually sees the sun.

The sun is evil.  It's the home of demons, and is actively trying to kill us, whether by intense heat and radiation or by spewing meteors at us in a direct assault!  Though, we can thumb our noses at the residents of Sol by taking those meteors and using them to forge mighty weapons, armours, and tools.

On a more serious note, the idea of a secondary token is an even better idea.  The primary token defines the deed boundaries, is immovable, and is otherwise the same as it is now.  The secondary token can be placed anywhere (even underground), moved at the mayor's whim, can be destroyed with no consequence, and provides the same services as the primary token.  It could even come at a (minor) cost, if necessary.