Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

Booze from treasure maps

How are we going to be treating alcohol received as loot from treasure hunts? It seems their properties may differ from their equivalent properties in crafted alcohol. We don't currently have wiki pages for crafted alcohol and they tend to get removed as spoilers, so I'm wondering whether it's cool to make wiki pages for glass jugs of booze.

Gives CCFP and non-standard affinities, according to ingame chat.

The food and drink recipes get removed from the wurmpedia as they're discoverable recipes for players to learn on their own.

The treasure hunt glass jugs of booze have no such recipe to learn, so I'd imagine they're relatively unique treasures that can be added in the wurmpedia just like other items discovered in the treasure hunts.

Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Tristanc said:

The food and drink recipes get removed from the wurmpedia as they're discoverable recipes for players to learn on their own.

The treasure hunt glass jugs of booze have no such recipe to learn, so I'd imagine they're relatively unique treasures that can be added in the wurmpedia just like other items discovered in the treasure hunts.

Just my opinion.

So I can write a 'pedia article about how awesome the treasure hunt loot is, but not about how awesome the stuff I make is?

I think you can write how awesome the stuff is you find and that you can also craft it, but not how to craft it.

Edited by Bekador
  • Like 1

I honestly think the pedia should allow recipes to be shown. It's something made in the game, and players want to know how to make them. By the merit of it "spoiling" play, why does any craftable item get shown on pedia then? Why is it a spoiler and not allowed to show how to make gin, for example, but it's not a spoiler to show how to make a lamp? Meditation answers are also there, and that's considered ok. 

25 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

I honestly think the pedia should allow recipes to be shown. It's something made in the game, and players want to know how to make them. By the merit of it "spoiling" play, why does any craftable item get shown on pedia then? Why is it a spoiler and not allowed to show how to make gin, for example, but it's not a spoiler to show how to make a lamp? Meditation answers are also there, and that's considered ok. 

There doesn't necessarily need to be an individual wiki page for each recipe, but there should at least be one for each food type. For example there isn't a page for pizza right now, or for moonshine, even though those are pretty popular. There is a page on wine and it contains a bunch of useful info that you wouldn't get even if you'd discover it on your own, like about the aging process.

The meditation answers are in spoiler tags. That could perhaps help for the actual recipes, too.

• Like 1

I think at the very least it should be okay to list the things that can be created, without disclosing the recipes.

• Like 1

So, we aren't looking into adding pages for cooking recipes at all (if that ever happens we will let everyone know - there's hundreds of recipes and as far as I know, no one has found them all yet). However, adding booze found in a treasure hunt, with special properties, is fine by me. I don't know that they each need their own page. How many are we talking about here? 

(Also there is a category https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Treasure_hunt_items for treasure hunt rewards right now)

• Like 1

I haven't done many maps, but I know that the loot includes fermented and distilled drinks. 

The ones I have so far are

ale

brandy

mead

rum

cider

I have found rum, gin, vodka, bitter, brandy, cider, moonshine, mead.

• Like 1

I know I'm a bit late to this discussion, and with respect there should be a repository for recipes somewhere on the wiki. We have minimum 630 recipes, some are found as loot from mobs and that's not included in the wiki either. I am of the opinion if players wanted discovery as part of their cooking they would want discovery as part of their crafting too but we don't have any space in game or on the wiki where crafting recipes are hidden because it might spoil one players experience.

As it stands cooking is one of if not the most complex mechanics in the game and it's currently so obscured that many players cant effectively use the mechanic or don't use it because it's too hard and there is no real effective documentation on it. Pardon my language but the "cooking documentation" on the wiki that came with the update is complete garbage. Even if we left the named recipes off, or only added the recipes that everyone knows and how to use them it'd be 100% more useful than not having anything.

Cooking is a big part of Wurm, it has a lot of impact and nothing to tell anyone how it works beyond here-say and error. It frustrates new players who we want to attract to our community and isn't helping anyone by staying so incredibly obscure.

• Like 1

I don't disagree, though the recipes that everyone gets are already in the cookbook in game. (Of course the crafting recipes are as well!) I'm not sure how to cleanly and effectively add hundreds of recipe pages (IF we did, no binding promises being made here) in a way that helps anyone (there are some nice Google Docs out there, but some that are pretty messy) with a small team, but it is something that has come up and is on my list to discuss/ponder.