Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

Rename "decent" in mission progress to "30+QL" or "decent 30+QL"

2 hours ago, Soluna said:

Obviously some people are harder to teach than others.

I easily pointed out that the 100% accurate answer to your original problem was contained in the wiki. If you had spent your own 10 seconds looking it up, you would have seen it there too. Whether you then realized there was no need to create this suggestion, or learned the lesson that looking up questions on the wiki teaches people how to find their own answers, is up to you. Frequently, staff answers questions in CA Help by providing the link to the wiki. I see the picture, but your response suggests that you aren't even in the gallery. Instead of being combative in your responses and appearing to take constructive criticism so personally, take a moment instead to reflect on the feedback people are trying to give you. You appear to be very passionate about trying to help others, I have tried to do the same here. "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man how to fish, you feed him for life."

I am not going to get into a back and forth with you about this or any further issues. I chose to not respond to you in a demeaning giant font like you have done to me. I wish you the best of luck in life, in wurm, and in all your endeavors!

I don't understand why you have a problem with adding (30+) to the mission line description for 'decent' quality. You say people can just wiki it. Why not have the base game explain it too?

Only three characters need to be added to the mission desc. 30+. Simple.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Soluna said:

I easily pointed out that the 100% accurate answer to your original problem was contained in the wiki. If you had spent your own 10 seconds looking it up, you would have seen it there too.

My point was that the wiki is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. In this particular case it is, but it isn't always. Not every question can just be answered by the wiki. Also, that last bit sounds way more demeaning than anything I feel I've done.

Whether you then realized there was no need to create this suggestion, or learned the lesson that looking up questions on the wiki teaches people how to find their own answers, is up to you.

I created the suggestion after talking with CA members that expressed how tiring it is for them to answer this question.

Instead of being combative in your responses and appearing to take constructive criticism so personally, take a moment instead to reflect on the feedback people are trying to give you.

If you think asking questions about your position is combative then I guess I'll stop and I apologize for making you so uncomfortable. I only wish to understand why you're against this change, and why you think making people look through a resource outside the game is better and healthier. Also, I don't know what you mean by taking constructive criticism and listening to feedback. I haven't been given any criticism or feedback in this topic. You opposed to the idea, but didn't provide a why or your own proposed change to the idea. So, I don't know what feedback you'd like me to look at but I gladly will. 

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man how to fish, you feed him for life."

Teaching people how to solve a problem is certainly great, but my point is you shouldn't even need to fish. If the devs make this change thereby removing the problem then you'll be fed for life without having to worry about how to get fish. Regardless of any player's background they will not be able to answer this question by themselves. They will all (majority at least) need to either look at the wiki, or ask someone else who figured it out (which is basically still the wiki). And if all (majority at least) players have to do this then it isn't a good question to begin with. It should just be removed. 

I am not going to get into a back and forth with you about this or any further issues. I chose to not respond to you in a demeaning giant font like you have done to me. I wish you the best of luck in life, in wurm, and in all your endeavors!

Again I apologize that you misunderstand my intentions and assume that I am being demeaning or combative. I only use increased font size, bold, underline, and other font features to emphasize my points. There's so much text on the screen and I want to make sure that certain points are seen. The questions I proposed to you at the end were the most important thing, so I wanted to make sure they could easily be seen and would stand out amongst the rest of the post. Plus if you consider new people to the topic they need to read so much to catch up with the current topic, and so I emphasize important things for them too. 

Thanks for taking the time for expressing your refusal to this change event though I feel you didn't provide enough of a why. I wish you the best in life, and hope you'll engage in discussion in the future ❤️ 

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 1

I think it's a good idea, would save a lot of people asking all the time for sure. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KindraShae said:

I think it's a good idea, would save a lot of people asking all the time for sure. 

Yep i totally agree on this

• Like 1

This change would be in line with what Josh Strife Plays said in his video on Wurm. Just putting the correct info right in front of players reduces confusion and gives a concrete goal.

Maybe we could even further this idea and add some missions that require 50ql items, but in a smaller quantity.  Or even 70ql.

• Like 1

I like the idea. I would also like to add that with this change it would be great to see different QL requirements for harder missions.  Would give missions a little more variety instead of base 30ql all the time.

• Like 1

Honestly, I would remove the "decent" completely. The concept of "decent" is never used besides the missions. There are no in-game mechanics behind it. If just sacrificing items is a too simple task, some mechanics can be added to it. The ones that exist in the game, like blessed or painted, or create some new mechanics connected with sacrificing. Also, there is an option to save that quality option and use the "transmutation liquid" mechanic, where there is the total quality that matters. Something like "Sacrifice leather boots with a total of 5000ql." It may create an issue with the counting of participation, but I guess it is fixable. It can be something like 0.5 karma per quality or something. There is also an issue with the broken percentage counter. It must also be fixed.

There are a lot of ingame messages or descriptions where we have to refer to a 3rd party tool (community maps, wiki etc.) to understand them. This is just one of them and they should all change towards not needing to either ask in CA or consulting a 3rd party source.

+1

A good suggestion that would alleviate one additional question that keeps coming up in CA help from new players

• Like 2

it should be clarified to some extent thank you Zuelatak for point that out to us all!!!

• Like 1