Sign in to follow this  
Bardica

Forge sound effect not always working

On my Windows PC I can never hear the (lit) forge sounds and (lit) large braziers BUT can always hear the fireplace when lit.

On my Mac I hear lit forges and lit large braziers about 50% of the time (but also I always hear the fireplace).

On the Windows PC (my main concern) this has been going on for months and months. I tried making a new profile, turning off all the sounds, saving it, turning on all the sounds/volume, and saving it and relaunching but still have the same issue regarding being unable to hear lit forge/large braziers.

I'm assuming whatever particular audio setting for the fireplace would also effect the forge/brazier (the same crackling fire sound) so I can't see why one would work and the other not.

I also tested this with different forges in different buildings on two different deeds and had the same result.

Any ideas?

Does anyone else experience it?

While we wait for someone who actually knows the answer, I have a suggestion for something I would try if it was me having this problem.  

Open Steam, click Library, then Wurm Unlimited (not Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server)

Click the Settings cog, choose Properties, Local Files

Choose Verify integrity of game files

I have no tech skills or knowledge, but this one trick fixes a myriad of problems for me. I don't know how my files get messed up, but this procedure fixes everything without causing me to lose any data or settings.  Maybe it will fix this issue for you?

I’m thinking this is in the wrong forum...the OP mentions a Mac client. There is no Mac client for WU, only WO.

S.