Sign in to follow this  
Muse

QoL: More ways to pay money in!

We can currently withdraw coins at any token, but can only pay coins in at *one* - our 'chosen' bank token.  A lot of people have mentioned how inconvenient this is, but so far little progress has been made to find a solution.

Problem 1:

The current method of depositing coins, opens the Bank > Manage window so that coins can be dragged and dropped into the bank.   This window also allows 5 items to be stored.  This, item storage, I believe, is the main reason, why only one token has the ability to pay in.  It's the fact that physical *items* can only be stored at one place, rather than any logical limitation on paying in coins anywhere else.

Suggestion - New *Roaming* Bank Manage Window:

We need another more flexible way to pay in just coins, which is completely separate from the stored items.  Perhaps all tokens other than our 'chosen' token could use a different *Roaming* bank window which accepts coins, but does *not* accept items.

Problem 2:

Sometimes we need to pay in coins when we are far away from a deed token. Tokens can not be placed underground, and some deed owners have their tokens locked away from public use.  Any of these scenarios may mean a long trek to the nearest token.  We, therefore need a *portable* banking solution so we can deposit coins when out and about.

Solution - New *Portable* Banking Tokens

Thanks to my brother for suggesting that *Archaeology Mini-Tokens* could be used for these portable deposit boxes.  Right clicking a mini token would bring up the option to open a Roaming Bank Manage Window allowing us to drag and deposit coins (but no items).   No-matter where we are we can then deposit our coins.  

This is from a PvE perspective, I would need more info on how this would affect PvP. 

I think it takes someone to think outside the [money] box!  

Please let me know your ideas. :) 

I'd like if you could deposit coins by just drag and dropping them onto the village token, instead of having to open it. It'd be a small convenience for my main but priests generate iron coins continuously.

I'm not sure about using the archaeology tokens. It'd work but it doesn't sit right from a lore perspective. They are basically just little trophies that show you found a deed, but in my mind they should be, well, inactive.

The general idea of a portable deposit-only bank thing is good though. I heard that one of the things you can get from the new treasure hunts is a money bag (which you can wear on your hip slot instead of a quiver). That one is special because it's no-drop on death, but suppose you add a craftable version that doesn't have the no-drop, and allow both of them to be enchanted with courier. Once so enchanted, you can right click it and get the mail imps to take the money to your bank (and only that, it wouldn't make it a general purpose mailbox).

• Like 1

meh.. you can do /balances command anywhere.. in any cluster, etc..

current situation is just an excuse and game design, nothing more.. if it was wanted and needed, could be fixed for better experience

same with the wogical mailing system where you are on A server, somebody mails you something, you leave to reach your Z home server and randomly realize.. you have a mail to receive and HAVE TO travel back to A server and find a random mailbox to receive it...

made sense as slow annoyance before rmt.. etc but now.. idk, what's the application for that old system besides wasting your time 

• Like 2

I'd stick to normal tokens allowing any token to take your coins back into /balances, alternatively.. if that is too op.. turn them into merchant-like.. tax-ers..

put 1s into random token and receive 99 to 95copper into your balance.. other 1-5%/copper goes into that random deed's upkeep..

convenience costs...(rather not at all have taxes.. really no reason for that.. but some like pain and taxes)

• Like 3