Sign in to follow this  
Rudie

Challenging treasure maps

I don't know if I've just been extremely unlucky, but I've done somewhere between 10-15 challenging treasure maps, and haven't gotten a single hidden creature spawn. The only maps where I have gotten a spawn has been the one difficult map I have done.

According to patch notes, Challenging maps will have decent sized and not infrequent combat challenges, but from my experience, this has never been the case.

So far, i only did two myself, but never seen or heard of anyone getting mobs on their challenging (or novice) ones.

I have done a  number of challenging maps as well and never has a hidden mob spawned to attack me

Only gotten them from difficult maps.

Sun 💜

The hidden mobs seem to spawn only on difficult maps. aka from 60 and above map quality. 

Did 2 difficult maps and the both had hidden mobs. They really aren't special they are just regular mobs that disappear when they die. 

4 minutes ago, elentari said:

The hidden mobs seem to spawn only on difficult maps. aka from 60 and above map quality. 

Did 2 difficult maps and the both had hidden mobs. They really aren't special they are just regular mobs that disappear when they die. 

That's what others found too, but the patch notes specifically say that challenging maps have mob spawns. I know what hidden mobs are, it's the only way I can complete the journal on my priest short of getting 30 toy making to make a chess set.

Edited by Rudie

I know someone who had mobs spawn on every map (all 6), the map was 80QL plus.  The first map spawned 2 lava spiders and a troll.  The subsequent maps spawned some other new type of creature.  The end loot wasn't bad. couple of rare items.  (water skin/rare paper)

Edited by Serzane
spelling

Will add I’ve done easily over 20 challenging maps and have had no mobs spawn as well. 

Difficult maps spawn mobs on every single dig for treasure action that is in the correct location.

Edited by nineol
Clarification on every correct difficult dig action

Bump.

Any official word on this please?