Sign in to follow this  
olafhairybreeks

Fathers not appearing on examine or inspect

So I've had two horses born in the past week that haven't shown their fathers in either inspect or examine. For the first one I thought maybe it was because their father had died (I had a male from that pen die of old age and he could have been the father) but I'm sure that isn't the case with the one I had born today! The foals are unrelated, one is a female buckskin 4 speed, and the other is a male blood bay 2 draft. Born today and on the 21st respectively. I've had others born in between that show their parents as normal, so far it's just these two.

I had another fatherless baby born today. I think her father is a male who died yesterday, but I'm not certain.

[18:59:25] Her mother is the venerable fat Whinnytari.

He probable father is one who was bred by me and died of old age.

And another one! This one was born on the 4th but I've only just started to record him today. Again his probable father has died of old age, he was another male bred by me.

Hello :), have any of the babies crossed servers?

I've had the same problem with other animals (sheep and bison.) It hasn't been a huge issue, as I keep fairly careful track of that process, so I'll know whether it shows on inspect/examine or not.

Just as an experiment, I made a (cancelled) attempt to inbreed a couple bison, just to see if the game "knows" that they are related, even if the parentage isn't shown. The conclusion was that the game does have it recorded that the two animals are related, it's simply not showing up on examine/inspect as it should.

On 7/7/2022 at 11:47 PM, Majelika said:

Hello :), have any of the babies crossed servers?

None have crossed servers. I had another born today, possibly with a deceased father again. [00:13:55] Her mother is the venerable fat Amberbee.

Thank you for reporting this, I've added it to the list :) 

• Like 1