Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

The V-Files: The Rolls Are Out There

I agree, the Oblivionnreaver’s “grindin everything” thead "Rare spamming" in the Game Guide Rare Rolls worked back in the day somewhat. but " ppl" "dev" didn't like the point you can setback and make 1000 picks and 95% of the time pop a rare, now make 5,000 picks you will be very locking to get a rare pick whatever the devs did to the rare rolls back when Northern freedom open it fixs the Rare Spamming but now you have whatever this is now. Take 5000 wood shafts 5000 pick heads see how many rares you get now. and you dont "Action Queue".I dont know what system its running on now but i think it needs more testing on.

Edited by Tigerclaw

Hello again, it's been a while ey?

So, this is an update post and if things weren't already messing and confusing before, you're in for a ride.

Very recently, a developer commented on the findings in this thread. You can read these comments in the below spoiler but be warned, it'll be a lot of stuff:

Spoiler

4OjJPw1.png

EH8DAz3.png

kNvGFIh.png

vuiEGLQ.png

pDeydpi.png

TgcUB3Z.png

Don't want to read it all? No sweat, I'll cover it now.

Upon a developer looking at the game code, they said that right clicking does not close the rarity window, neither does the examine action. Things like repairing since it's a timer action will, even if the item can't be repaired or doesn't need it, as will actions that can't happen, like if you have a lump of metal activated and hit your dig keybind. Beyond that, there's "many things that will close rarity window" but what will do that can't be shared.

Now reading that, you're wondering how accurate this thread really can be now and that's exactly the right mindset to have!

The time the action is input, rather than when it happens in the queue, is still currently correct. So imping/doing an action every 20 seconds, or 30 seconds with max deed rarity bonus is still correct until further notice. This is still good information to have in mind when trying to work with the rarity system, because if you queue 5 actions at the same time, and they take 20/30 seconds each with some incredible stamina balancing, it's still not likely to result in any rare rolls past the first action.

I will be leaving the original post intact, however this post will be linked somewhere near the top to ensure that hopefully everyone who reads it going ahead can read this too. I feel like it's important I keep on top of maintenance of this thread, since I still see it linked and used on occassion.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 7