Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Riverweave 8k: Huge 8192x8192 map for your private or public server

Riverweave 8k  is a very 'dense' map as although there are a lot of small twisty waterways for boating, there is not much in the way of ocean/seas and it uses up most of the available area as playable landmass:

7dij1Ka.jpg   

e67e1wn.jpg

GdKO6ZF.jpg

IkOf1Wb.jpg

As always, I am open to criticisms that can help me do better on the next map.

Troubleshooting Tips:

An 8k map is bigger than most people need even for a public server. If you have a super-duper computer you may have no issues with these big maps, but my older computer struggled loading some of my mine until I edited the file LaunchConfig.ini in my Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server to read: 

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=false
JavaPath=
[Memory]
InitialHeap=3g
MaxHeapSize=12g

[Utility]
CleanLogsOnStart=true
[VMParams]
JvmParam0=-XX:+AggressiveOpts

I tried less radical 2g/8g settings first but I was still hitting "GC Overhead" errors pretty regular. I also needed to initially lower what was apparently too high of a creature count for my ancient computer, I have not tested yet to find a sweet spot but if you run into issues,  try adjusting HEAP sizes in LaunchConfig.ini and if still having issues, lowering the animal count.  In some cases I also needed to close all my programs, reboot, and do a fresh clean boot, start Steam, then try with nothing else in the background. This especially can help if you crashed and had to force close anything as sometimes there are bits and pieces of files stuck in memory, and a reboot clears them up.  Might be just my old ancient system :)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 6

Lovely map again Brash :)

The only thing I would like to see is some higher mountains, looks quite flat :) That is just me being picky though, I do like some high mountains.

• Like 2

If anyone uses this map for a WU server, please PM me. I would be very interested in playing there.

(I don’t have time to set up mods, busy with WO mostly, and run my own server at this point in time or I’d do so myself. I don’t know the first thing about mods on WU servers)

• Like 2

Thank you Baeowulf, Wulfrock, Spolmit and Griffith!

I like higher mountains too :) I should have had the cliff face setting better as a lot of the mountains are covered over in green. But for mountains, higher is always better!

• Like 1

Incredible map! I know you've essentially already gave permission to use the map for public and private use, so with that being said I'm using this map on my public server for those who would like to check it out or start their wurm lives here.@BaeowulfJust look for "Lethality" in the Wurm Unlimited launcher! Very new server I've created so bear with me while things get customized and polished. Hope to see everyone there enjoying this amazing map by @Brash_Endeavors!!

Im a bit confused here tho lol

E8CIDWB.jpegKogxHH8.jpg

Edited by Lethal
  • Like 2

That is nice, wish you had a server up running or least from pingperfect or better on the server list.

I have manage to load your map up on my rig, flying around on it. Curious did you happen to add any Altar of Three or Bone Altar on that map? Cause when i use the ebony wand to create one, its not on the list. So i am not sure if you are allow to have more than one, but if there is one, been trying to find a way to track it and teleport there.

Edited by Darkelf

I want to make some small changes to the rivers on this map for a private server me & some friends to play on. Which of the map generators did you use to make this?

Also want to say this map is pretty good. I have one complaint so far and that's just how rare steppes are. Otherwise, seems great so far!

Edited by HatTrickPatrick