Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Cannot dispel items on ground

Since the update, we are unable to dispel items on the ground.

Whilst this is a good idea for most items which can be picked up, it prevents dispelling magic on items which are too heavy to carry, such as mailboxes:

[03:03:27] The protection force is too high. You fail to dispel the spirit cottage.  Is it in your inventory?

This is preventing a Fo priest replacing a low power Dark Messenger spell with a higher power Courier - and vice versa.

Please fix! :) 

Edited by Muse

I do not believe it has ever been possible to dispel mailboxes, Or atleast as long as I've been playing a priest. As far as dispelling items on the ground, I was just able to dispel a hammer with CoC on the ground using my Fo Priest.

For double checking, I also fired up my WU server and got a similar message, minus the "Is it in your inventory" part.

• Like 1

The penalty on dispelling of items off inventory always existed. My priests always had to take stuff for better dispel chance. I don't know whether mailbox dispelling ever worked, but recall the sermons of my Fo priestess where Libila colleagues tried to dispel a Courier enchanted mailbox for weeks, and never succeeded, some of them with very high channeling.

• Like 1

You cannot dispel mailboxes. There is a brilliant suggestion (i may be biased here) regarding this, from a couple of years back.

• Like 1