Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 21-JUN-22

• Bug fix: Corrected description of “Create a Meditation Rug” achievement.
  • Bug fix: The “Create 10 Masonry Fences” goal will now properly progress upon completion of any fence using the Masonry skill.
  • Bug fix: Achievements related to foraging cacoa beans now refer to the correct item and will trigger properly.
  • Bugfix: Fireplaces will now also give warnings about placing burnable items on them.
  • Bugfix: The cutlass and sabre rewards from treasure hunting are now improvable.
  • Bugfix: Can no longer cast dispel on items which have no enchants or you do not have permission to dispel.
  • Bugfix: (PVP) You must now be within range of a chained tower or village token to build or continue a new guard tower.
  • Change: Removed non combat hard skill requirements from focusing and left it to just the fighting skill roll instead.
    • This fixes being unable to focus with the new combat UI
  • Like 6

The forage/botanize bug dropping no caskets not yet solved?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekcin said:

The forage/botanize bug dropping no caskets not yet solved?

So far I've gotten two from farming and not one from foraging or botanizing. I forage and botanize just as much if not more than I farm.

I guess this doesn't count when you pick it from a pot?

wurm.20220622.1727.jpg

9 hours ago, kordethbludscythe said:

my forager has had a casket drop once already

I'll keep foraging away then. :)

Katrat, there is known bug where when foraging / botanizing multiple items, and the MoI occurs on the non-last gathered item that causes the map not to drop. The devs are aware and working on a fix, I'll list the link below. Have the maps you've gotten while farming been doing "tending" or "harvesting"? I'm curious because I have not gotten any maps while tending nor harvesting. I'd suspect that there is the same issue from forage / botanizing on the harvesting side of farming, but is just a guess on my part.

Thanks and have a great day!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soluna said:

Katrat, there is known bug where when foraging / botanizing multiple items, and the MoI occurs on the non-last gathered item that causes the map not to drop. The devs are aware and working on a fix, I'll list the link below. Have the maps you've gotten while farming been doing "tending" or "harvesting"? I'm curious because I have not gotten any maps while tending nor harvesting. I'd suspect that there is the same issue from forage / botanizing on the harvesting side of farming, but is just a guess on my part.

I don't know whether a casket may be dropped when performing "harvest" action of farming. I got one while tending.

As to the for/bot bug: The higher your level, the more likely that failure as you may forage or botanize up to 3 or 4 items during one action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

As to the for/bot bug: The higher your level, the more likely that failure as you may forage or botanize up to 3 or 4 items during one action.

If this is true then basically players with high foraging / botanizing are penalized ? This seems wrong. Very very wrong. 

1 hour ago, elentari said:

If this is true then basically players with high foraging / botanizing are penalized ? This seems wrong. Very very wrong. 

It's almost as if its a bug that's been reported, acknowledged and explained why its happening by the devs in the thread linked! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archaed said:

It's almost as if its a bug that's been reported, acknowledged and explained why its happening by the devs in the thread linked!

I agree, and thanks a lot to Darklords for the explanation. There seems to be a race condition if I understood well which may be bit trickier to fix, let us hope for a fast and stable solution (where stable is ways more important than fast). Also I hope, in case that phenomenon is related, that the "moi stealing in stacked actions" by a subsequent failing action may be fixed too in case the fault condition is related. 

On 6/22/2022 at 6:12 PM, Soluna said:

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for the link. The map drops happened while farming If recall correctly.

[20:43:04] You have a moment of inspiration...

[20:43:04] The field is now groomed.

[20:43:04] You find an old looking casket.

Edited by Katrat

wurm.20220624.2256_2.jpg

Perhaps another option on PVE instead of lockpicks?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Katrat said:

wurm.20220624.2256_2.jpg

Perhaps another option on PVE instead of lockpicks?

They can be crafted on pve, they just require some locksmithing skill

Edited by Archaed

7 minutes ago, Archaed said:

They can be crafted on pve, they just require some locksmithing skill

Mmm yes so I have to make countless locks that I don't need to make a set of lock picks that I can't use... good plan.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Katrat said:

Mmm yes so I have to make countless locks that I don't need to make a set of lock picks that I can't use... good plan.

Yes, some actions on the journal may require skill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katrat said:

You can leave one goal out of every tier, including the basic training ones.

8 hours ago, Lisimba said:

You can leave one goal out of every tier, including the basic training ones.

Yes I know but I thought the whole point of these new journals was that they are supposed to be geared more toward players chosen styles and lock picks are pointless on PVE. But yes I will have to content myself with waiting for those ever more elusive rares to finish this tier.

12 hours ago, Archaed said:

Yes, some actions on the journal may require skill

Indeed yet I have better things to do than grind pointless skills that I have absolutely no use for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katrat said:

Indeed yet I have better things to do than grind pointless skills that I have absolutely no use for.

but its wurm

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

12 hours ago, KellyTxX said:

but its wurm

True! lol I can't argue that.

On 6/25/2022 at 5:30 AM, Katrat said:

You do not need to make locks you don't need. Rather you may create countless key molds you don't need :) and can dispose on trash heap.

Admittedly, all production only skill grind is slightly terrible ;) but there are some. So what.

22 hours ago, Katrat said:

Yes I know but I thought the whole point of these new journals was that they are supposed to be geared more toward players chosen styles and lock picks are pointless on PVE. But yes I will have to content myself with waiting for those ever more elusive rares to finish this tier.

I like the term "design dissonance" applies here. When you make something for a certain purpose, but the object itself ends up defeating the purpose. 

It's like cleaning a wooden shelf with a flamethrower. Sure the shelf won't have any more dust on it. But then again the shelf (and possibly everything else in a 50 meter radius) won't be there either. 

The point of those journal goals were to give low level players something rewarding to do. Locksmithing is unrewarding and utterly pointless outside of pvp just as lockpicking is. Simply put it's not PVE content. I'd honestly change that goal with something else. 

• Like 3

On 6/23/2022 at 12:30 AM, Katrat said:

I guess this doesn't count when you pick it from a pot?

wurm.20220622.1727.jpg

that's gardening action, it's not foraging/botanizing, intended.. you might have accidentally done the cooking.. cook or prepare rare meal or something like that.. I imagines.. bulk cooking of some sort will quickly kill it..

a lot of players hate grinding and bulk grind, can only wish them happy panfilling for that one

--edit

on 2nd thought... this might be good to be included into the goal.. as harvesting planters, unless it's intentional to have limit of only 3 options bound to seasons for harvesting

*who knows*

Edited by Finnn

Change: Removed non combat hard skill requirements from focusing and left it to just the fighting skill roll instead.

• This fixes being unable to focus with the new combat UI

*high five* Thank you for changing this!

Sign in to follow this