Sign in to follow this  
Serzane

Cadence Community Map Proposal

I read all opinion mentioned before. 

I'm voting yes

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keenan said:

By participating in a multiplayer game, I feel that you are opening yourself up to a certain amount of discovery by other players. This is especially the case when you connect yourself to a highway system, which is a game mechanic that is designed to allow players to more easily find villages.

Yes, connecting highway system give people a signal u are also opening urself to a certain amount of discovery, but some people are clueless about connect to highway also mean connect to a third party map which people would spot their location more easier than only connect to highway without put onto a third party map. 
Some people only agree to expect to open themself to a certain amount of discovery, but not expected to open themself to a large amount of discovery through a third party program when they connect to highway. 
Would suggest to add a note under the Mark this if want ur village to show in the find route village list, Note: Connecting to highway create a chance to reveal ur deed location on a third party community map. 
This would make the clueless people aware of it. It's responsible to let the mayor aware. To show u care about what the players are thinking. This is what Opt-in is for. And this note also create an advertisement for newbies to increase number of deeds shown on third party map. Encourage them to be a part of the community map by targeting the one who are more open to public.

11 hours ago, BattleWall said:

This not only helps the community as a whole but also doesn't hurt you as a player by having your deed shown on the map.

I agree Opt-out map would help the community to find treasure maps easier and faster, i like the benefit too. However, I don't agree it doesn't hurt that other people make decision for u without concerning what u think. Especially the people who is clueless about a third party map and stay silence or refuse to have any attentions to an unofficial program.

My personal opinion is that there should not be a Opt In or Opt Out option that if you found a deed your deed gets added to the community map.

OP, there is another Opt-nothing suggestion for u to be aware.

Deeds that are opted out are plotted via annotations on many players in-game maps already thus plotting exactly where your deeds are regardless of whether you want it plotted or not. I don't see a reason to hide your deed on the map.

By saying you don't want your deeds plotted on the community map on the forums doesn't stop your deed from getting plotted out and shared with the community. I plot every deed on my server because it helps keep track of things. Learn to be a team player rather than someone who wants to complain about things that better the community as a whole. 

I don't think people are expected to hide their deed in-game since this is a MMO but might not expected to show their deed name on a third party map. And we are talking about hiding name on third party map, not hiding in-game.

I believe a team player need to show respect to others by showing u care about what other player think in order to have a better community as a whole. Doesn't need to agree people's thoughts, but do need to care about what they are thinking. 

Well, as a Opt-in supporter, I am complaining that u complain about things that Opt-in is better the community as a whole. This kind of statement isn't help to make a better community as a whole. This is a demonstration to show people try not to do what i did next time.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:02 PM, Coach said:

Opt-in provide an opportunity to ask the mayor's will and be responsible to let the mayor aware. To show u care about what the players are thinking.

Instead Opt-out provide an opportunity to make decision for others without care about what the people actually think no matter the people agree to appear on a third party map or not.

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

20/9  in favor of opt out.  A compromise has been reached that will go into effect Monday.  It addresses the concerns of most opposed (definitely not all, by no means) while respecting the wishes of the majority so far.  Coach, just to respond to your second comment above, the compromise seeks to address those concerns.  I also saw the opt-nothing suggestion, I don't want to redirect or add another layer at this point and honestly am not sure I completely understand the proposition.  This is why the compromise position will maintain opt in for those not connected to a highway (I would just say that if you have advanced enough to be connecting your deed to a highway, you probably aren't all that new anymore) but even so, for those connected to the highway, should they be online at the time of being suggested for being placed on the map, an effort is going to be made to gain their approval first. If at a later time, they discover that they are on the map and don't wish to be, they will be removed.

It's a pretty fair compromise in my opinion given that 30 plus have weighed in (not everyone commenting expressed an actual vote).  That 30 represents 20% of active deeds on Cad.  

In the end, this is designed to improve the Cadence map and player experience in using it, not just for treasure mapping, but even for new non-deeded players to find their way.  It will also aid in commerce for those who wish to pick up animals and other items for sale.

Cheers, 

Serz

Edited by Serzane
added sentence re commerce

3 hours ago, Serzane said:

That 30 represents 20% of active deeds on Cad.  

80% of deeds did not vote and you think you have concensus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unfortunate said:

Can you show us where you get information about 150 active deeds?

Edited by DzhoDzhok

Shouldn't only Сadence residents participate in this survey? And only their votes count? I know for a fact that some opt-out voters live on other servers.

I think everyone can participate, maybe someone consider to be a cadence resident one day, participate as an investment for the future. Maybe people just want to see wurm to have more variety in a sandbox game. If cadence turn into Opt-out, there will be only Opt-out policy in the entire NFI community unlike the SFI community map are mostly Opt-in policy except Deliverance i believe. Maybe people want to create a better environment for themself no matter they believe in Opt-in or Opt-out. But the current cadence residents should be considered the most. Anyway, it's just for reference. Anyone can participate.

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach said:

I think everyone can participate, maybe someone consider to be a cadence resident one day, participate as an investment for the future. Maybe people just want to see wurm to have more variety in a sandbox game. If cadence turn into Opt-out, there will be only Opt-out policy in the entire NFI community unlike the SFI community map are mostly Opt-in policy except Deliverance i believe. Maybe people want to create a better environment for themself no matter they believe in Opt-in or Opt-out. But the current cadence residents should be considered the most. Anyway, it's just for reference. Anyone can participate.

Independence is the only other opt in server,

To the other comments: Not everyone votes in a Democracy.  That being said, the fact that only 20% of active Cadence deed owners responded, is one of the reasons for the compromise.  Some respondents have deeds on multiple servers. (I do, but right now my primary deed is now on Cad)  One person who engaged said they weren't from Cad and expressed an opinion here, but I did not include them in the vote count, and finally, Niarja.

He saying that these 30 deeds owners from Cadence. That obviously a lie. 

10 hours ago, Serzane said:

Here is another "fair" rule for this voting

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/191293-cadence-community-map-proposal/&do=findComment&comment=1911823

Right now, while "forbidden" rule active, people already start to add deeds coordinate without permission.

In no way this is a fair voting. At least it should run for 3-4 weeks, not couple days. Right now summer and many people on vacation.

I vote: Yes, change to opt-out.

(yes, I live on and have two deeds on Cadence)

21/9

i am not going to close this thread, and people can continue to express their opinion here while following forum rules and directives by the moderators.  If at any point, the No votes outpace the yes votes, I am certain the map keepers will reconsider.

I don’t know if I officially voted but I’ll vote for Opt-Out. 

And highways rule in current state can't be accepted. That is not a compromise.

New rule:

- players can add only deeds currently presented on the Find route list.

- this voting last for next 3 weeks so that more players can vote.

- you and others start advertising this topic in Kingdoms chats.

If  you want change rules put some effort.

5 minutes ago, DzhoDzhok said:

And highways rule in current state can't be accepted. That is not a compromise.

New rule:

- players can add only deeds currently presented on the Find route list.

- this voting last for next 3 weeks so that more players can vote.

- you and others start advertising this topic in Kingdoms chats.

If  you want change rules put some effort.

No, but you are free to advertise.  like I stated this thread will remain open for even longer than 3 weeks.  The compromise begins tomorrow, and as I stated previously mass change is not happening overnight.  I am not engaging with you here further.

1 hour ago, Serzane said:

The compromise begins tomorrow, and as I stated previously mass change is not happening overnight. 

How that can be a compromise?

Because of treasure hunting you guys will mark every deed in a week. So people will have to face your reality that was created against their will

And who are you to says no to rules i suggested?

Regular player like others but suddenly you start to think you in charge.

Edited by DzhoDzhok

I have a serious questions and concerns;

If I opt-out and have my deed taken off the map and 3, 6 or 12 months later some random adventurer keeps posting to have my deed added to the map, what will my compensation be for having my privacy breached if my deed gets re-added to the map?  Will this be considered griefing, since I have already stated to remove my deed from the map?  Will I be compensated with silver, sleep powder or free play time?  Who will be monitoring the map to make sure the players that opt-out, stay off the map?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tukodama said:

If I opt-out and have my deed taken off the map and 3, 6 or 12 months later some random adventurer keeps posting to have my deed added to the map

we cant stop people from posting it but it wont be added to the map there is no need to monitor the map. 

lets say i see someone just reported the deed "KEEP ME OUT PLEEESA" i as a person updating the map will go and check if it exists first, i will see that it exists with no coordinates and with a hidden tag and i will ignore the report.

opt out maps have existed in wurm for what now 12 years? we figured out the basics a long time ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tukodama said:

I have a serious questions and concerns;

If I opt-out and have my deed taken off the map and 3, 6 or 12 months later some random adventurer keeps posting to have my deed added to the map, what will my compensation be for having my privacy breached if my deed gets re-added to the map?  Will this be considered griefing, since I have already stated to remove my deed from the map?  Will I be compensated with silver, sleep powder or free play time?  Who will be monitoring the map to make sure the players that opt-out, stay off the map?

There is a mechanism in the actual map that once you have opted out, your deed is marked so that it is not added by accident in the future.  I am not the map keeper for Cadence or any other server, however I do know the current volunteer who is highly capable of managing the maps appropriate to the server.  he actually handles the map for both Cadence and Harmony which currently have two different methodologies and this has not been an issue.  

2 hours ago, Serzane said:

Independence is the only other opt in server,

Pristine, Release, Xanadu, and Independence are also Opt-in policy. Not sure about Celebration and Exodus, but i believe they lean towards Opt-in too. Only Deliverance have a firm Opt-out policy.

Spoiler
On 6/1/2021 at 9:35 AM, Ohana said:

Map policy

This community map will be using a opt-in policy. If your deed is listed here and you want it removed please post here or send a editor a forum pm.

On Pristine.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:33 AM, Fraskesa said:

Please only post settlement locations that you own. And do not PM your update requests. Only requests made in this post will be added to the map. Thank you.

On Release.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:39 AM, DaletheGood said:

Note that Xanadu is an Opt-In map, meaning that you must ask to have your deed posted on the map.

On Xanadu.

On 4/17/2016 at 8:23 PM, skyefox said:

Only a Mayor can make a request to have their deed put on the map and it has to made here in this forum.

So all you hermits out there, your secret location is safe!  BTW, we do NOT reveal any "off Map" places we come across during our road and geography surveys or add them to the map.

On Independence.

3 minutes ago, Coach said:

Pristine, Release, Xanadu, and Independence are also Opt-in policy. Not sure about Celebration and Exodus, but i believe they lean towards Opt-in too. Only Deliverance have a firm Opt-out policy.

Reveal hidden contents

On Pristine.

On Release.

On Xanadu.

On Independence.

I was told differently by one of the map keepers, but I'll defer to you.

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

i as a person updating the map

tell me then, if people want their deeds to be removed from the map forever, but their don't want to reveal which deeds belongs to them, don't want to reveal names of their characters, how they can do that? Obviously they can't make post in map thread.

• Like 1

I lost count, does that mean most servers you have to ask to be put on the map... I think it does, so we should go with that.

Of course, should you really wish to get consesus then ask the DM to post a poll in game, I think that can be server specific and limited to prem players.

• Like 1