Sign in to follow this  
Serzane

Cadence Community Map Proposal

No. There is a rule that only mayor can mark his deed. And it was not taken in a vacuum.

Do you want to take away people's right to privacy based on the votes of 15 people? In Wurm, even now, after a decline in interest, more than 200-300 people play. And most of them don't go to the forum and don't know about the map and this topic.

This poll is meaningless. It's like conducting a telephone survey on the topic "Do you use your phone." The result will be predictable and unambiguous.

About the fact that the deed connected to the highway should be marked on the map by default. The game itself provides the ability to hide your deed from the list when connected to the highway. And you want to spit on it and forcibly mark everyone on the map.

If you want to mark someone else's deed on the map, contact the owner and ask permission. If you can't find the owner, move on. The owner could have previously withdrawn his deed from the map, and now you will put it there again. And he shouldn't run to the forum and check whether the next rogue marked him on the map.

Clearly a no for me. Saying your on highway system means your ok with being on the map is bs in my opinion. There is a reason why you can only have 50 markers on the map (well 50 markers each alliance, village, personal I think). Being on the highway system doesnt reveal the exact spot your deed is at. It only tells ya how many tiles away it is. Theres a huge difference between those 2. And theres enough ppl out there lurking around deeds that take dmg and waiting for them to fall. Where as I know enough ppl who werent able to put money in upkeep cuz of real life issues. So those come back like 1 day after the deed fell and everything was already gone within one hour of disbanding. We had this in alliance where stuff went missing, although we live close by and tried to safe things. Guess that one didnt get the LMC back.
So NO I don't think it should be made easier. After all I feel this game is about things being kinda hard.

Edited by Morbidae

3 hours ago, Serzane said:

As I read the votes so far, the Yes votes are 12, the No votes are 2.  This seems pretty overwhelming in favor of changing to an "opt-out" which would bring Cadence in line with every other NFI community map.

A compromise position was mentioned and doin that would turn the vote to nearly unanimous.  That position is to add any deed that is highway connected to the Community Map.  The only thing with doing this, is that those highway connected may still wish to opt out for whatever reason, so honestly with that said, I believe opt out has passed.

I know the map keepers have been monitoring this thread.  No, they did not put me up to this, so if you have a bone to pick, its with me.   With that, I am going to communicate to the Map Keepers that they should begin adding deeds to the community map, unless obviously someone opts out.  They can begin with any deed connected to the highway system, although as mentioned earlier they are very busy with some highway corrections that look truly awful to accomplish as the maps use an excel data format that has to be input numerically.

I really want to acknowledge the map keepers as well as Yaga who created the system and who has surely saved me from certain death repeatedly.

If you haven't weighed in yet, you still can and if this vote goes back in favor of an opt in model, it can always change back.

Thanks for all of your thoughtful comments and the civil discussion even with the disagreements.  I am sure the forum mods appreciated that.

Best MMO Ever.  

Im not sure if 15 hours is a decent enough timespan to come to any conclusion, especially since this is in the middle of the week. Before this is decided some time should have been gone by and the thread probably posted InGame in freedom chat so everyone has a chance to vote.

• Like 1

Well.... now I just found out that towers are being added to the map and there is no opt out for the towers one built we can just add any deed on the map I guess. Cuz when towers can be added no matter what there is no opt out for deeds either.

1 hour ago, Morbidae said:

Im not sure if 15 hours is a decent enough timespan to come to any conclusion, especially since this is in the middle of the week. Before this is decided some time should have been gone by and the thread probably posted InGame in freedom chat so everyone has a chance to vote.

In hindsight, I agree, 15 hours is not long enough.  The voting stands at 12 in favor, 6 opposed.

3 minutes ago, Serzane said:

In hindsight, I agree, 15 hours is not long enough.  The voting stands at 12 in favor, 6 opposed.

So within 4 hours from that post of yours the numbers of ppl against the change trippled.

And whats with the towers? If those are added it kinda shows where deeds are, too. I think there should be an opt out for those aswell then. Kinda can't have one without the other in this case.

it definitely got the attention of more who were opposed to this for sure, no disputing it.  I believe the towers only come onto the community map once a year during the map updates, not that they are placed necessarily by the map keepers.  I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Well, Lovely, I think it was that char, posted a bunch of additions to the map and at least one of those towers is on there. Didnt check all, like just that one.

[EDIT] Was Tpikol. But doesnt matter who posted them.

Well looks like all of them are on there.

Edited by Morbidae

As someone who loves to regularly explore - I love the community map.  For me, it's not a resource for looting, it's simply another tool for finding my way home when I've gone out foresting in the middle of no where and am trying to find my way home.  If I actually stumble across a deed and can find where I am - SUPER handy! :D  Sailing around the edge of a map and finding a deed listed when youre lost - again SUPER handy - zero to do with looting 100% to do with helping getting yourself home.

• Like 3

I wonder if you need to ask the devs to opt out of the exploration update as well.   Or asked for your deed to be opted-in.  If you are truly concerned about remaining anonymous etc - because I was sent to an active deed on treasure hunt last night to dig something up from one of their statues next to their property.

Might be something you want to raise with them giving out deed names etc without permissions.

Edited by TaiKee
adding info
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Morbidae said:

There is a reason why you can only have 50 markers on the map (well 50 markers each alliance, village, personal I think).

opt out comunity maps have existed since long before the ingame maps did.

Being on the highway system doesnt reveal the exact spot your deed is at

yes it does, whatever you think about the opt out system  the highway does show where you deed is not just how far.

So those come back like 1 day after the deed fell and everything was already gone within one hour of disbanding

and this happened anyway despite most deeds in cadence not being on the map, because like we said before ,not being on the map doesnt make your deeds location a secret. raiders know it anyway. so this issue doesnt affect raiders in any way.

Well.... now I just found out that towers are being added to the map and there is no opt out for the towers one built we can just add any deed on the map I guess. Cuz when towers can be added no matter what there is no opt out for deeds either.

towers were always being added to the map, but most people didnt bother because there was no reason to add them, now people care because of treasure hunting, this is not a change. you just noticed now something that was always true.

11 hours ago, DzhoDzhok said:

The owner could have previously withdrawn his deed from the map, and now you will put it there again. And he shouldn't run to the forum and check whether the next rogue marked him on the map.

i dont know if the mantainers of this map are using it but there is a built it in system to prevent readding of deeds that were removed.

Edited by Tpikol

With the recent treasure hunt mechanic i also would like an opt out policy. 

7 hours ago, Tpikol said:

opt out comunity maps have existed since long before the ingame maps did.

That might be the case, but this map started of as opt in and thats all that matters. Doesnt matter how its on other maps or older servers.

yes it does, whatever you think about the opt out system  the highway does show where you deed is not just how far.

Well then please explain to me how it exactly shows where my deed is at, without you needing to run there first. For me it only shows distance.

towers were always being added to the map, but most people didnt bother because there was no reason to add them, now people care because of treasure hunting, this is not a change. you just noticed now something that was always true.

I stated I just found out right? So no need to argu about that. But it has the creators name on them now. So thats a difference to before.

Besides all of that: if someone doesnt wanna be on the map it doesnt matter what reasons they have for it. They don't want to. Doesnt matter why or if anyone sees their reasons as valid or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morbidae said:

if someone doesnt wanna be on the map it doesnt matter what reasons they have for it. They don't want to. Doesnt matter why or if anyone sees their reasons as valid or not.

and they dont have to be on the map.

4 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

and they dont have to be on the map.

And what about the highway system showing where the deed is?

1 minute ago, Morbidae said:

And what about the highway system showing where the deed is?

it does show where the deed is, you chose a route and follow it and you get there, unless the token is walled off you can also see the mayor and alliance the deed is part of.

Just now, Tpikol said:

it does show where the deed is, you chose a route and follow it and you get there, unless the token is walled off you can also see the mayor and alliance the deed is part of.

So it doesnt show without you having to walk there right away. Right what I thought. A map however does.

Just now, Morbidae said:

So it doesnt show without you having to walk there right away. Right what I thought. A map however does.

what is the point of that?

1 minute ago, Tpikol said:

what is the point of that?

It was mentioned several times that putting deeds on a map makes it easier for ppl to raid fallen deeds. And it was said that wouldn't be the case. You just said yourself it is by stating you would have to go there first.
Which especially makes it easier to raid deeds that arent on highway system nor are known by those raiders.

3 minutes ago, Morbidae said:

It was mentioned several times that putting deeds on a map makes it easier for ppl to raid fallen deeds. And it was said that wouldn't be the case. You just said yourself it is by stating you would have to go there first.
Which especially makes it easier to raid deeds that arent on highway system nor are known by those raiders.

100% of deed that fall are  raided now,  how could it posibly be any easier? will 150% of deeds by raided if we change the policy?