Sign in to follow this  
Serzane

Cadence Community Map Proposal

18 minutes ago, DzhoDzhok said:

Then remove this phrase from the post.

done now, problem solved.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:22 PM, DzhoDzhok said:

tell me then, if people want their deeds to be removed from the map forever, but their don't want to reveal which deeds belongs to them, don't want to reveal names of their characters, how they can do that? Obviously they can't make post in map thread.

Hmm, I don't know this person from Adam, haven't seen this person chatting in either of the public channels, and have never met, seen, or heard about this character name in-game.  What character(s) does this person have, I wonder...

*checks profile*

None listed.  Let's just look based on the forum name then...

*checks Niarja*

Ahh, this person has "founded or disbanded 1 settlement," a deed named "Old Hideout" that was founded on Cadence on 2020-09-24 at 05:38:57 AM UTC.  It seems this person has also been present at two Cadence dragon kills and the recent Goblin Leader kill.

DzhoDzhok, if you would like "Old Hideout" not included on the map, I'm pretty sure all you have to do is ask, publicly or privately, and "Old Hideout" will never be added until you change your mind about "Old Hideout" being included on the map.

Just a note.. Those truly wishing to remain inconspicuous (since anonymous is already out the window on a multi-player platform) should make every attempt NOT to draw attention to themselves and should try to blend in as much as possible with everyone else.  So, if you are one who uses your deed for, say, private dragon kills, then you shouldn't draw attention to yourself and make people actively want to find out where you are to see what the fuss is all about.

It's been said, "Don't respond to a fool according to his folly else you risk becoming like him."

I should have known better, but I fed the troll.
Please accept my apologies.

Edited by Zakiah

24 minutes ago, Zakiah said:

Hmm, I don't know this person from Adam, haven't seen this person chatting in either of the public channels, and have never met, seen, or heard about this character name in-game.  What character(s) does this person have, I wonder...

*checks profile*

None listed.  Let's just look based on the forum name then...

*checks Niarja*

Ahh, this person has "founded or disbanded 1 settlement," a deed named "Old Hideout" that was founded on Cadence on 2020-09-24 at 05:38:57 AM UTC.  It seems this person has also been present at two Cadence dragon kills and the recent Goblin Leader kill.

DzhoDzhok, if you would like "Old Hideout" not included on the map, I'm pretty sure all you have to do is ask, publicly or privately, and "Old Hideout" will never be added until you change your mind about "Old Hideout" being included on the map.

Just a note.. Those truly wishing to remain inconspicuous (since anonymous is already out the window on a multi-player platform) should make every attempt NOT to draw attention to themselves and should try to blend in as much as possible with everyone else.  So, if you are one who uses your deed for, say, private dragon kills, then you shouldn't draw attention to yourself and make people actively want to find out where you are to see what the fuss is all about.

You're late with your sarcastic remarks. The drama is rapidly developing and much is no longer relevant. Besides, you didn't understand the meaning of my question.

My point was that to remove deeds from the map person should reveal all his characters which founded deeds, connections between forum account and game accounts. Why is someone trying to find out how many deeds I founded and how many characters I have?

And if you think that posting here information about my account and deed somehow touches me, you wrong. That only shows what kind of person you are.

Edited by DzhoDzhok

The poll was a sham from the start, its main purpose being to create a veneer of acceptability for the inevitable, railroaded result.  I'll add to what I said in my previous post that I find it curious that votes had to be cast publicly here on the forums, instead of through the typical anonymous voting format.  I'd imagine there are quite a few lurkers out there who declined to vote because of this, especially considering the highly confrontational tone of this thread.  I'd also question whether a poll is the appropriate way to decide the issue, even if it could somehow be conducted in an entirely impartial manner.

But it's done.  There's no undoing it.  I wish we could stop talking about it because it's just depressing at this point.

I've previously defended NFI against accusations of selfishness, and I do still believe that it's best to avoid judging the many based on the actions of a few.  But I'd be a liar if I said this whole mess hasn't made me think twice about the whole "NFI is toxic" mentality.

I thank and commend all those who fought for opt-in.

Edited by Minnie
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Minnie said:

I've previously defended NFI against accusations of selfishness, and I do still believe that it's best to avoid judging the many based on the actions of a few.  But I'd be a liar if I said this whole mess hasn't made me think twice about the whole "NFI is toxic" mentality.

because its so selfless of you to want to force the map to be much much worse for everybody else because it will save you a minute to send a pm.

we are the selfish ones for spending all those hours updating and maintaining the comunity maps, when we could be more selfless and just do nothing and hope someone else does it.

for NFI in general i will tell you that the reason there isnt much drama on SFI nowdays its because its so dead, there isnt enough people per server to cause any drama, when it wasnt dead we had lots and lots of it. today the buzzword is "toxicity" back in the day it used to be "elitists" that were blamed for everything. maybe blaming any 1 thing for every problem is a bad idea.

• Like 2

I think its easy for both sides to see the other as potentially being selfish while seeing themselves as well intentioned. Its not really constructive and strikes me as a bit extreme calling people out as selfish or toxic.

Are you people still all here?  The meeting ended a day ago?  Did I miss donuts or something?

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

The poll was a sham from the start, its main purpose being to create a veneer of acceptability for the inevitable, railroaded result. 

And yet, when asked in game, most people seem to like the map as well. The conspiracy goes deeper than we thought, if most people on the server are in on it!

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

I'll add to what I said in my previous post that I find it curious that votes had to be cast publicly here on the forums, instead of through the typical anonymous voting format.

It's because it started as a thread to ask feedback on the idea. That's how forums work.

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

I'd imagine there are quite a few lurkers out there who declined to vote because of this, especially considering the highly confrontational tone of this thread.

Nobody's been going after someone who just voted, so no.

People have been taking other people's statements to task, and entirely rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

I'd also question whether a poll is the appropriate way to decide the issue, even if it could somehow be conducted in an entirely impartial manner.

Ultimately it is not a democracy. The map maker decides what they want to do. People in this thread have laid out their reasoning (quite passionately in a number of cases, yes) and that was taken as input.

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

But it's done.  There's no undoing it.  I wish we could stop talking about it because it's just depressing at this point.

You can stop talking about it, just never visit this thread again. Nobody is making you. This isn't even snarky, I don't get why you'd say that.

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

I've previously defended NFI against accusations of selfishness,

I do have a beef with that. This entire thing has essentially come down to a side of people who want to help other people by sharing what they found, and getting the same help in return. And a side of people who are claiming that they can own a slice of a public sandbox so hard that they can prevent the first group from even saying where that slice is. And then you're claiming it is the *first* side that is selfish. That's bonkers.

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

and I do still believe that it's best to avoid judging the many based on the actions of a few.  But I'd be a liar if I said this whole mess hasn't made me think twice about the whole "NFI is toxic" mentality.

Are you aware you're saying this in the very same post you started with unfounded accusations of dishonest behavior?

Wow there is so much hate for someone wanting to help others by placing them on the map. I'm sure if you don't want to be on the map you can have it removed.

I can only speak for myself but I appreciate @Lovelieadding me to the map. I did not even know it was on there until today.

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

Can we have an opt out for all deeds on the highway. The game will guide you to any deed on the highway, so being in the map shouldnt be any more risky, especially if they are removed on disband.