Sign in to follow this  
Tyoda

[RELEASED] ModelMeImpressed - Change any model to any other in-game

Releasing my first ever mod. It allows players(with configurable gm level) to change the model of any Item/Creature/Player(later referred to as "object") on the fly through a context menu, from all available models

Features

• Right click on any object, choose the action "Remodel" and transform it to whatever model you choose. You can change your own model by opening the character menu and right clicking on your "body"!
  • Set any object to a random model
  • Flexibility: Completely server side, plus if the mod causes any issues/is not needed anymore, it may just be deleted and its effects will completely disappear. The table in the modsupport database will be left behind. This is not an issue, and it allows you to reinstall the mod at any time, with the objects retaining their changed models.
  • Unlock previously unreachable models. For example the Woman Fighting Anaconda statue (It can be found in the remodel menu Decorations->Statue Femalefightinganaconda)
  • Shiny Animals! Change rare+ items to animal models and they'll be S H I N  Y !

Bugs Features 2.0

• With threedee, placing an item on a surface and then changing the model of the surface will leave the item in place, where you probably could not put it on the new surface, meaning you can place items where previously impossible. Example: before changing model, after changing model
  • Transforming a felled tree apparently causes the new models to be huge, and I mean HUGE nvm you can do this by changing the item's auxdata

Get The Mod

What models are available?

• The mod contains every model found in the mappings.txt in the graphics.jar of the client. I am sure it is not perfect. Some are probably missing, because the devs forgot to add it, and some are probably broken. I have not personally tried out all the ~3K models available. Please open an issue or message me on discord(Tyoda#5412) if you find a problem.
  • You may also add any custom models to it via the "custom_pretty", and "custom_model" fields in the .properties file.

Read the GitLab page of the mod for more info!

Edited by Tyoda
  • Like 4

Completely server side. The model changes show up for everyone on the server.

4 hours ago, Tyoda said:

Completely server side. The model changes show up for everyone on the server.

Do you mean that every player can change models, or that every player can see the models that the GM changed?

The gm power needed is configurable in the .properties file. You choose what rank they have to be to see and be able to do the action.

And yes, I mean that every player can see that the models have changed.

I built the mod for one very specific thing. On our server we wanted to install the Fish Monger mod, which allows players to sell their fish. The Fish Monger is actually an Item in the mod, and the model is configurable in the .properties file, however we wanted to have at least 2 models, to spice things up. So I got to work. In these pictures both the stall and the "creatures" standing in them are actually the Fish Monger Item from the mod, with models changed!
unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited post, forgot to mention you need the Sindusk Library mod installed for my mod to work.

Edited by Tyoda

Wow!  This is easy and fun. 😄

The spirit gate here was a marble brazier pillar, and the worg in the lower right was a tortoise.  

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1

Glad you're enjoying it! I hope people can find creative ways to use this mod!

Again edited post to point out new use:

15 hours ago, Tyoda said:

Unlock previously unreachable models. For example the Woman Fighting Anaconda statue (It can be found in the Remodel menu Decorations->Statue Femalefightinganaconda)

• Like 1

Released v1.1

ModelMeImpressedv1.1.zip

• remove Remodel action for piles
  • The models of Items now refresh when Remodeled
  • Option to automatically log out&back in players so they see their models get refreshed
  • Items/Creatures no longer in wurm's database will get deleted from mod's database as well
Edited by Tyoda
  • Like 1

Released v1.2

ModelMeImpressedv1.2.zip

• No major changes to the logic
  • Halved the number of models by removing those that actually pointed to the same file. 2762 models available now. Should be easier to find stuff!
Edited by Tyoda

Released v2.0

ModelMeImpressedv2.0.zip

• Added Input text field to Remodel action to change model's name by typing it in
  • Added Random model action to change model to a random one
  • Added Reset model action to remove the Creature's/Item's model change

Unless a bug arises or someone has a feature request, this is likely the final version.

Edited by Tyoda
  • Like 1

Released v2.1

ModelMeImpressed_v2.1.zip

•  Added action Browse to fix an issue where after changing an object's model to for example Tutorial->Object 33 you weren't able to change it back, because it was not possible to select the object anymore. You can now choose Browse on any object to see and remotely reset any other object's custom model.
  • NOTE: If you're updating to this version you have to overwrite the old .properties file with the new one for this update to work.
Edited by Tyoda

awesome, i love you did it because you wanted to make fishmonger even better  😃

Fishy Joe can't be in two places at once! Gotta hire a worker or two!

• Like 1