Sign in to follow this  
Beanbag

I'm fairly well convinced this map is either broken or intentionally inaccurate

So I have the following map:

UOSdv3d.pngPquGvLU.png

I've found the deed using Archaeology, in the desert south of fog lake.

HiNedue.png

As you can see there is a guard tower just east as well. There's no question this is the correct area, but I did a little more scouting to see if I could find something to match up to the crossed swords on the treasure map. Looking north from a high point south of the area. I did find a spawn at about the correct location. Sorry the panorama is so bad, I couldn't get the perspective quite right:

RCyiRyn.png

At this point I've dug for treasure every third tile moving out from the tower for 50 tiles. There are less than 100 tiles between the deed location and the tower itself.  I then dug out to either side of the intial line by 3 and then 6 tiles to both the north and south. I can't see how I've not found anything based on this location and map.

L4Zb2SS.png

campfires are the initial line of searching.

I don't know what else to try at this point aside from digging on every single tile in the area, and I'd rather just go play something else. Is this just another pointlessly opaque and tedious system in wurm or am I doing something wrong? Probably both..

i have never seen those symbols on an ingame treasure map.....does the hint have a legend?

Edit to add: also the center square doesnt seem to be a guard tower, looks like a pit/peak of land 

Edited by Tomatoes

Yeah that's not a tower icon nor is it a den icon. If it's a thing you can mouse over it 

Just now, Archaed said:

Yeah that's not a tower icon nor is it a den icon. If it's a thing you can mouse over it 

You can mouse over the deed, not the tower or den - why would you expect to be able to do that?

Since a tower and den exist at those locations, evidence seems to suggest that is in fact what they are. Do you have an argument other than retro says so?

Because the guard tower icon is not a square, and no other map has ever had an x for a lair. 

If you remove those two points of reference, and ensure your borders are in the right spot, does it help? 

im betting that 'crossed swords' icon is actually a single corner either dug deep enough to register for the contour lines on the hint. same for the square in the middle.

Edited by Tomatoes

Also the tower is too far north, you need to dig a little more south. 

Like I said, ignore those to "possible" icons, and look at the shape of the sand, and dig accordingly 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Also the tower is too far north, you need to dig a little more south. 

Like I said, ignore those to "possible" icons, and look at the shape of the sand, and dig accordingly 

You were right on the direction, I found it, 12 tiles south of the initial line, ~38 tiles out.

Brown leather man is tile it was on, cart is parked on the inital line

MLVaH80.png

And it's another map. I think i quit wurm now.

Edited by Beanbag

Glad you found it! 

Maps have multiple stages, so keep at it! 

unknown.png

I strongly suggest using the map dump to solve those clues, as you can see it was fairly easy to find the spot with the topography and the nearby moss. Most of the times you don't need the deeds or any fluff informations from those maps.