Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Slight suggestion about treasure map loot table (rarity)

From what I've seen so far, the loot table has a chance to "select" items to be rare from what you get in treasure chests at the end of a hunt.

All well and good but it seems to be the amount of filler trash pretty much makes it so most of the time you'll get rare useless trash. 

So many ropes, this much leather, an absurd amount of crystals and we get to the situation where...

I did an 83 ql map and got a rare source crystal and a rare sleep powder + a rare bone frag. Now the bone frag is nice but come on. 

Can we tweak it so rarity never selects things that have no purpose by being rare? A rare SP does nothing. A rare source crystal turns into a regular source powder when crushed. 

• Like 4

As much as I enjoyed laughing at the rare sleep powders I've occasionally seen getting price checked... It would be nice not have such a high chance of useless rares and supremes like that from most chests.

I mean, this all depends on whether it goes " going to make one item rare, roll through the lot" or each item has its own roll. 

If its each item having its own roll its fine, as its not stealing the rarity from something useful

• Like 1

17 hours ago, elentari said:

Can we tweak it so rarity never selects things that have no purpose by being rare? A rare SP does nothing. A rare source crystal turns into a regular source powder when crushed. 

I agree. Or at least make those particular rares useful in some way. No idea how but there are already complaints about useless rares and this just adds more to the list.

Am I the only one that feels that treasure loot DOESN'T need to be all full of value and can be a little fun with unique things like this?

• Like 2

The topic is about rarity. The rare useless trash are shiny. Shiny are useful to stimulate. Some people can get satisfaction from stimulation.

One of them is to create a shiny museum. So every shiny count. Rare coins from foraging is an example. Rare coins keep the same original value as normal coins. But some people collect them because of their shine.

Some people want all those shiny rare as much as possible until they need to see an ophthalmologist. Rare are good for collectors which makes them useful, have purposes and become something.

Collector to the rare: Are u my sunshine?☀️💖

Rare to the Collector: No, u are my sunshine. I am glad u see my beauty.💘

🤭

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Archaed said:

Am I the only one that feels that treasure loot DOESN'T need to be all full of value and can be a little fun with unique things like this?

No.

• Like 1

This is quite similar to archaeology, in the sense that a lot of the "free stuff" turns out not to be much use. Considering the amount of loot that can be generated by these mechanisms, though, I think it would be a mistake to guarantee that every rare item was on a particular list of desirable items, that every tool was made of iron/steel/moonmetal, etc.

• Like 1