Sign in to follow this  
chefpeewe

farming/harvesting goal journal

I completed all but the farming/harvesting goal in the hunting for clues entry in the journal. I got the claim button no problem. But when I want to complete that last goal harvesting oleander (in season) doesn't count towards that goal. 

From what I can tell, the goal seems to be to harvest something from each type of harvesting node (tree, bush, trellis.) So will have to wait until roses come into season to harvest a rose trellis, and then for one of the tree types to become harvestable.

1 hour ago, Avaxas said:

From what I can tell, the goal seems to be to harvest something from each type of harvesting node (tree, bush, trellis.) So will have to wait until roses come into season to harvest a rose trellis, and then for one of the tree types to become harvestable.

Exactly so. Oak (acorn) will be the first tree in season this year.

Thx guys, maybe the goal description should be clearer on that.

I think there is some confusion here. There is a goal under "hunting for clues" which requires farming / harvesting. This is the one that was not triggering with harvesting from a tree. There is another goal under "basic training: nature", which requires harvesting from a Tree, Bush, and Trellis, which the others are referring to.

10 hours ago, chefpeewe said:

Thx guys, maybe the goal description should be clearer on that.

Yes, the confusion could be resolved by specifying which sort of harvesting is being indicated by the Searching for Clues journal, in the hover description under Search via Farming or Harvesting. "On rare occasions while farming or harvesting from fields you'll have a chance to find a map." The goal itself appears to be triggering appropriately, as nothing in the notes we've been given indicates that rarity roles while forestry harvesting can produce a treasure map. They apparently don't grow on trees. :)

Edited by Avaxas