Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

Indy Map.

Indy Road Map Status  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding Indy's Current Maps

• They're fine. More than fine thanks to Hugh and Skye
    • I really think that we need to integrate topology and community map into one.
    • I don't care either way.

21 hours ago, HughMongus said:

Also RL has been very demanding of our time in the past 7 weeks. 

Skyefox very busy getting our veggie garden (back yard farm), planted with our summer food crops.

Hugh has been hard at work doing landscaping prep around our new home to get ready for the new garage which starts construction soon and was overseas in Stockholm for 9 days for business reasons.

Both of our cars have let us know the do not wish to spend another winter out side at temperatures down to -32c. (Grin)

Food for thought,

Forgive me Hugh, but I'm not sure what you want us to take from this. There's been no issues raised with the update frequency of the map or anything of the sort that I can recall, the focus of the conversation has been primarily on the additional benefits, abilities and general usability that a Yaga map has.

Even just putting the literal current map in Yaga would help. Indexing named things could come later. Just the ability to zoom and pan around the map is of great value.

6 hours ago, Lisimba said:

Even just putting the literal current map in Yaga would help. Indexing named things could come later. Just the ability to zoom and pan around the map is of great value.

Download the map and do that then? Or are you asking/expecting Hugh and Skyfox to do it (and maintain that instead of their existing process)?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SirMuttley said:

Download the map and do that then?

That seems like it would be duplicating effort and kinda feels like going behind their backs, too.

9 hours ago, SirMuttley said:

Or are you asking/expecting Hugh and Skyfox to do it (and maintain that instead of their existing process)?

Asking, yes. Eight of the community maps are already on there, and it works great. Have a look https://yaga.host/

I'd like to know why this Yaga map is useful.  When i look at it, it does not show New Festival Cove, Independence, on the map, even though it has a history in Wurm.

Please advise.

11 minutes ago, Vooch said:

I'd like to know why this Yaga map is useful.  When i look at it, it does not show New Festival Cove, Independence, on the map, even though it has a history in Wurm.

Please advise.

It's in the OP of the Yaga map thread

On 7/24/2022 at 8:39 PM, Nordlys said:

Map policy:

The aim for this map is to be a supplement to the other community maps out there, and to get as good an exploration feel as possible.

To achieve this goal we now welcome everyone in the community to submit their findings to this map, as long as its withing the needs and rules for this map.

The community of Independence have over several years had an "opt-in policy" for the community map. We dont think this is the time or place to touch or change that subject - so for this map we will only add deeds if its the mayor who submits it. If the community of Independence should change their minds about this, we will follow the general publics opinion.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 3:44 AM, Vooch said:

Please advise.

I would just like to specify that this is not the thread for the "Independence Eploration Map", this is merely a thread used to measure the interest in such a map.

Also, while we are at it; we only add deeds to the map that the mayors wants to add. That means that you can simply post in the maps thread with the coordinates and name for your deed, and we will add it to the map. :)

Here is the link to the correct thread for the map:

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2