Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Still No Maps from Foraging and Botanizing

I am foraging and botanizing daily for 30+ minutes. I get 1 or more rare rolls (not coins) nearly every day, but not a single casket so far. And as far as I heard, it is the same for all doing foraging and botanizing.

And please, no excuses. I am aware that non existance of an event so far does not prove that it cannot occur. But the evidence that something is wrong here should not be ignored.

How many rares have you gotten? 

A 1/5 chance per rare does not mean its guaranteed

Edited by Archaed

Just to show some numbers - you'd expect to get a map for one in every 5 rare rolls. But the probability of not getting any at all after 5 rolls is 0.8^5 = 33% (still quite high!). The probability of not getting any after 10 rare rolls is 0.8^10 = 11% (unlucky but still very possible.) So you can get quite unlucky and not get one for a while, although you will eventually.

Of course, it would still be good to hear on this thread that someone has gotten a map via foraging/botanizing to check it is indeed working.

Edited by Docterchese

Bad luck, but still there's possibility you won't get a map after 100 rolls, i wish it wasn't tied to a rare roll at this point

I can confirm it is possible to get a map via foraging. I got one a few days ago. Rare 81ql. It appeared in my inventory along with a rare potato.

• Like 1

my main forager got a chest yesterday from foraging, it happened in the 3rd hour if that helps

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers, I consider the case closed then. Btw., got 3 rare vegs/herbs on a single day today, and one in average since the patch. Seems I just have to wait.