Sign in to follow this  
Tomatoes

Funky buffs from liquids in glass jars from treasure hunts

my self and several other players have noticed that imbibing any liquid from a glass bottle from a treasure hunt will cause some funky effects. for instance:

• full ccfp bars after we finish drinking
  • odd alchohol power

i dont know if putting a different liquid in one of the jars will cause the same effect, or if it is just the way things are generated by the server.

It's also the case that affinities gained from treasure chest booze don't seem to follow the usual affinity rules. As an example, I recently acquired two glass bottles of moonshine from the same treasure chest. When tasted, either of them grant different affinities, and neither of them are the affinities I ordinarily gain from moonshine (when distilled using a normal or rare still.)

I have assumed that this is intended, and it does make treasure chest booze more interesting than just finding an extra couple kg of drink in a chest.

Edited by Avaxas

8 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

What do you mean by "odd alcohol power"?

80ql whisky only getting me to 40% power when i drank half of the bottle. was a bit shocked tbh

Whiskey has a base alcohol power of 35. At 80 QL, this would go up to roughly 42. Each sip would then give around 8.4 drunkenness, or a total of 42% drunk for 1kg (half a bottle) of whiskey. This seems perfectly in line with expectations.

• Like 1