Sign in to follow this  
ntstlkr

Help with Meditation needed

Hey guys, i have a problem that i could use some help with. Right now I'm at 50 meditating and i can't get any gains at all for the last 6 months. I'm stuck on the path of Insanity level 8 and can't get any gains at all. I'm using a rare 12ql rug with 100coc on it. I bought it at 30 med and shot straight up to 50 and now im dead in  the water...any advice? 

I don't see any reason for skill gain to have stopped. Remember you can only get 1 med skill tick every 30mins so wait 30 mins between each attempt. This works for the first 5 attempts in a day, then you need to wait 3h until the next attempt at a skill tick. You could try lowering your med rug to 1ql but it shouldn't make that much of a difference in terms of the chances at a skill tick. 

Could you describe your daily meditation routine in more detail, so we could hopefully narrow down what the problem might be? Looking to rule out the usual suspects, such as accidentally meditating on path tiles, not waiting long enough between meditations, not moving far enough from your last meditation spot, etc.

I'd also highly recommend looking into the timers feature of WurmAssistant. It will look at your logs and tell you when you can meditate again and gain skill. It's super useful, I've found it essential to help with getting to 76 meditation (and counting):

Are you looking at the skill tab perhaps and it's set to show .1 gains? If so, you are likely getting gains that the tab isn't showing until you set it to display at .01.    Or are you looking at your entire skill panel specifically and never getting anything for meditation?

I would let the rug get to 1ql (the lower the better for skill gains). Otherwise, there's nothing to stop gains unless maybe meditating in less than the cooldown window or on a tile within 10 tiles of your last gain.

Edited by MordosKull