Sign in to follow this  
Caolon

Option to Disable Hover-Over Info Boxes

I've just switched to the new(?) UI in order to enjoy the exploration update, and one difference I notice is the info boxes that pop up whenever the mouse pointer hovers over an item listed in inventory or some other container. These boxes can be annoying, as the information they contain is often redundant and they obscure other items in the container.

Suggestion:

Add a checkbox in settings that allows us to disable info boxes from appearing when hovering over items listed in inventory or containers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

There is a ui option alreadh

Really? Couldn't find one when I looked, and a CA told me there wasn't one when I asked in game. Any hint on where to find it ? 

Edit:

Ah, you must be thinking of 'Outline Hovered Items in Lists'. If you read my suggestion again (or test this option yourself), you'll realize that's not what this is about.

Edited by Caolon
  • Like 1

I haven't found any option to turn those boxes off. If I did I would have. Even making them somewhat see through would at least help. They are constantly obscuring inventory lists etc.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Katrat said:

I haven't found any option to turn those boxes off. If I did I would have. Even making them somewhat see through would at least help. They are constantly obscuring inventory lists etc.

Yup. if they had a slider for transparency that'd be lovely

• Like 1

Anything with "optional" is a good addition, IMO.  Obviously someone wants it, else it wouldn't get suggested, and those who don't simply don't use the option.  Win /win as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1