Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 14-JUN-22 and June’s Monthly Skin!

June’s “Small Prickly Cactus” skin brings a decorative desert-y feel to pottery planters! Available through the month of June in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any empty pottery planter to give it a unique and fancy look.

skin_june_smallpricklycactus-1024x576.jp

• Bugfix: Fixed some issues with windows not updating as often as they should.
  • Bugfix: “Bake a pie, tart, or cake” journal goal will now trigger as intended when baking one of these items.
  • Bugfix: For journal goals consisting of multiple distinct achievements, such as “Mine Copper and Tin” and “Milk a Cow, Bison, and Sheep”, the journal window will now show which percentage of those tasks you have completed instead of showing the entire task as complete when you have only completed some of them.
  • Bugfix: Paving a tile underground will now grant credit toward the “Pave 10 Tiles” journal goal.
  • Bugfix: “Write with Black Ink and a Reed Pen” journal goal will now be awarded properly.
  • Bugfix: Removed reference to “stone” material in oven and forge descriptions.
  • Bugfix: Throwing a snowball at a creature outside of combat will now trigger the appropriate Steam achievement.
  • Bugfix: Runes that adjust the size or volume of an item can no longer be applied or dispelled if the item contains other items, or is contained inside another item.
  • Bugfix: Treasure map clues will now correctly identify the style of guard towers mentioned in them.
  • Change: Treasure hunts will now avoid picking a tile inside a structure for treasure hunt locations.
  • Change: Nearby villages for challenge steps on Treasure hunts will now be closer to the actual location.
  • Change: Archery Towers will no longer be in the list of Treasure Hunt steps.
  • New: Newly generated old village maps may have hover text to show what icons are referencing.
  • New: Added a right-click option to maps to show/hide a colour legend.
  • Like 6

Nice set of updates for a weekly maintenance. Love it!

Also, skin is beautiful as always. Some talented work there for sure! Dont know if i will pay 4500 marks for it, but its a nice and unique addition for sure.

I wonder if those cacti flowers can be painted a different colour....

I'm all fixed. 🙂 

Thanks for the updates and bug fixes !

Edited by TeeeBOMB

Well, word "disapointed" doesn't express even half of my disapointing about this... cactus and last exploration "update".

I like the skin, but maybe it should have been a little less marks....maybe 2500 :)

2 hours ago, Pastor said:

Well, word "disapointed" doesn't express even half of my disapointing about this... cactus and last exploration "update".

My feelings are exactly the opposite.  Love the update and love the cactus, which will be the very first skin I've ever purchased!

May the next update be more to your liking.  In which case we can perhaps predict that from my perspective it will be a colossal letdown.

• Like 1

<Burdoktoo> [18:03:20] Congratulations on completing Basic Training: Cooking! You can now claim your rewards from the Journal.

Thank you for fixing the pie/cake thing :)

8 minutes ago, Minnie said:

My feelings are exactly the opposite.  Love the update and love the cactus, which will be the very first skin I've ever purchased!

May the next update be more to your liking.  In which case we can perhaps predict that from my perspective it will be a colossal letdown.

Personally, i'd rather have a small, potted cactus as a decor, rather than an expensive skin. maybe add cactus seeds to foraging/botanizing?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bair said:

Personally, i'd rather have a small, potted cactus as a decor, rather than an expensive skin. maybe add cactus seeds to foraging/botanizing?

"maybe add cactus seeds to foraging/botanizing?"

+1

imagine a nice small curb with cactuses 

abb4afd7b479f6e3967f416e3d45689c.jpg

there are no small things in wurm..

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3

We left out an important patch note today just wanted to mentioned it as a new post for more visibility for people who already read the notes.

New: Added a right-click option to maps to show/hide a colour legend.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Minnie said:

I don't think anyone's going to judge you for liking it, It's a great item, but it should BE an item. 

There's zero problem with releasing a cute little item via the marks shop, but the idea this is an alternative model for a pottery planter for all things is just a bit silly in my opinion. 

The skin system should be something that provides alternative models for existing items to show off, not something that turns one item to look like a completely different item. No one is going around showing off their collection of empty pottery planters. 

I just want the system to be what it should be, all of these can be sold as cosmetics and they would be fine. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Pastor said:

BIG disagree, Exploration update has been a fantastic edition. very much needed in wurm.

Cactus though is disappointing lol

+1 for cacti to be added that grow only on sand since we have no plants that currently can... right-click drink but take 4x thorn damage 😮

• Like 4

I've actually had a little think, and I have come to change my stance a little. 

I think the skin is in its own way making a system of cosmetic items, and I'm just a little hung up on "skin" as the word, which is silly of me. 

Basically this IS a cosmetic item released, but also comes with the opportunity to use our existing items for it, meaning items we've created instead of bought, and have their own history or signatures instead of just a purchase that sits there. 

4fHuumA.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: Newly generated old village maps may have hover text to show what icons are referencing.

What are "old village maps" exactly? A biproduct of exploration I assume?

"Old village maps" are those treasure maps that have references to old deeds as hints on them.

• Like 1

Give us a skin that makes our socks wet.

Loving the update so far and that cactus is adorable ... even if it makes a few people a bit prickly.

I'll be on pins and needles waiting to see what July will bring. :)

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this