Sign in to follow this  
Bekador

New item: "Rod of dowsing"

Please put in a new non craftable item: "rod of dowsing", works similiar to a "rod of transmutation" but creates a Water tile on the surface instead. Pricing should be cheaper ofc.

Let us place our wells and fountains where we want them or need them, instead of having to plan our deeds according to where the water sources are.

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

Yep agreed, I hate how we have to plan the deed to where the water source is. This would be very helpful indeed to put it where you want it.

Good idea for those who want a specific position for a water feature when a divining may not 'give' what you want- win for those people.

For those who want it, the pendulum would still exist- as well as its three lurker features of course- win for those.

As Bekador proposed, if a miner can use a rod to create ore veins to their desire then surely it is possible to give those people who would like the 'perfect' design for their deeds a rod of dowsing?

• Like 1

rather have it craftable/'chantable, but w/e, ok

20 hours ago, Bekador said:

but creates a Water tile on the surface instead.

Only part that I think I would disagree with. I read this as replacing the tile image to be water rather than it be mechanically become a water tile like randomly spawning ones. 

Otherwise,  I'd love the ability to choose what tile would produce water for my fountains. +1

I was hope it would have transmutation liquid version, but paid one should work well enough as well

+1

Underground water pipes are several thousand years old, so would be well within range of the tech level we have in game.

So as an alternative proposal, allow us to attach pottery pipes to a well (or fountain). This would be done with a right click action and would not make a visual difference (as they are underground, lore wise). Each pipe would extend the range within which a well would fill itself from a water tile. So no attached pipes would mean the well has to be on the water tile, like now. One attached pipe means it can fill from an adjacent tile. Five attached pipes means it can fill as long as a water tile is within five tiles away, and so on.

This would mean dowsing continues to be useful, and water tiles continue to be the preferred place for wells. But if you want one elsewhere, you can just put in the extra work and materials for the pipes (whatever that ends up being).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

Underground water pipes are several thousand years old, so would be well within range of the tech level we have in game.

So as an alternative proposal, allow us to attach pottery pipes to a well (or fountain). This would be done with a right click action and would not make a visual difference (as they are underground, lore wise). Each pipe would extend the range within which a well would fill itself from a water tile. So no attached pipes would mean the well has to be on the water tile, like now. One attached pipe means it can fill from an adjacent tile. Five attached pipes means it can fill as long as a water tile is within five tiles away, and so on.

This would mean dowsing continues to be useful, and water tiles continue to be the preferred place for wells. But if you want one elsewhere, you can just put in the extra work and materials for the pipes (whatever that ends up being).

I actually like this more than the original suggestion.

Pottery pipes and lead pipes have been around for millennia (so has hot and cold running water, and central heating).  I would be great if we could have that kind of stuff, even if it is late-game content.

• Like 1