Sign in to follow this  
rangerklypf

Epic Servers want YOU! Why you should play Epic, not Defiance/Chaos

Is your PvP community toxic or led by critical elitists with 90 body strength? Does it seem like one side is winning every skirmish? Are you a Freedom player who's always wanted to give PvP a try but didn't know where to start? 

Give Epic a try!

The "Epic" servers were established in 2011 and are relatively ancient, although some servers have been given new makeovers (Affliction 2014, Elevation 2019) to provide a clean slate. Composed of four total servers in this cluster, there are three home servers, one for each kingdom to start off in, and a fourth server where these kingdoms clash!

Affliction (Horde of the Summoned), Desertion (Mol-Rehan), and Serenity (Jenn-Kellon) offer each kingdom a place to call their own, where natives have a combat rating (CR) bonus vs invaders. Here, each kingdom can establish a thriving economy, create sprawling deeds/alliances, hone their skills and collect their valuables. Home servers rarely see player-versus-player action but you never know when a raiding party might come around. The thrill of knowing all that you hold sacred may be at risk one day can drive a nation together.

Will you support your fellow kingdom members or steal from your neighbors and sabotage them? Or are you merely looking to make as much 💰money💰 as possible, monopolizing the market and mastering the art of the deal. You might become world-famous as a supplier (as Led once did), a combat legend like Gary, a pirate like Kellyt, or an infamous picker of locks like Gbelcik who named each boat after himself + the counter of how many he had broken into. Your fate is your own and you should follow your Epic destiny!

When ready to take PvP to the next level, Elevation offers a chance for each kingdom to create deeds/capitals, become king/queen and elect officials in their kingdom offices, and allows priests to become champions of their deity. Along with all this, there are "epic" Valrei scenarios where each kingdom is given a dedicated god to follow on the Valrei map. By completing missions and strategically controlling their god's efforts on the map, one kingdom can lead their god to victory, offering rare moonmetals, tomes of magic, and more to the kingdom's top contributing denizens. 

But "we have all these things on Chaos and Defiance" you might say... Well, Epic also boasts a unique skill curve that levels the playing field, ensuring newer players can stand a chance versus the servers' god-tier characters. This curve affects all skills besides characteristics, Fight skill, Faith, and Alignment. This curve enables you to swiftly achieve your goals and gain skills faster than ever. The curve essentially gives you extra, virtual skill on top of your base skill. It increases rapidly at first, slowing as you raise your skills beyond 70. It's visible by hovering your cursor over a skill in-game within the Skills window and worth noting that this curve only affects currently premium players.

Epic Skill Curve Examples:

20 actual skill offers a curve of 36, allowing you to cut 36 QL logs at 20 Woodcutting

30 actual skill offers a curve of 50, allowing you to easily make 50 QL saddles at only 30 leather working

50 actual skill offers a curve of 75, allowing a miner to excavate 75 QL iron even though their mining is only 50

70 actual skill offers a curve of 90

90 actual skill offers a curve of 99

99.00 actual skill offers a curve of 99.99

The population on these servers is essentially null, however there are a few deeds left on each home server and a handful on Elevation. Serenity only has one public merchant at its starter deed (it's mine)! The benefit of playing on a nearly dead cluster is that you can easily make a name for yourself. Those who help others in need may quickly rise through the ranks. Whereas it can be spooky on Chaos/Defiance where you deed just a few thousand tiles away from enemies who want nothing more than to gut you and drain your deed, Epic's home servers offer much more substantial distances between you and your enemies and a CR bonus against attacking invaders. All kingdoms on these servers could use a boost of active players, there is no side taking the lead *yet* but you should definitely join Jenn-Kellon and that's definitely not just my opinion. 

Unfortunately, skills do not transfer to the connected Southern Freedom Isles like they do between Defiance<->Northern Freedom Isles. Players have often appealed to the developers of this great game to incentivize Freedom players to give Epic a try while benefiting their Freedom counterparts, but to no avail. The only thing that transfers between Epic/Freedom is Journal entries. Also unfortunately, if your character is on Defiance or other Northern Freedom Isles, you will have to create a new character and select a Southern Freedom Isle or an Epic server to play here. However, if you already find yourself on a Southern Freedom Isle, just create an Epic portal out of 4x 24kg logs and 11x stone bricks and hop right over!

mods, I made this post here and not in "Epic: Recruitment" because ain't nobody reading those forums. If I want to recruit, I've gotta get my foot in the door where someone might actually read this post 😛

Edited by rangerklypf
removed image
  • Like 10

HOTS

bAPbnJw.png

The Anthem 

Jenn-Kellon

X36B99g.png

The Anthem

Mol-Rehan

okFeJHT.png

The Anthem

Edited by demondan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, demondan said:

mate you messed up the flags, you used EoMR and freedom isles flag

oh geez I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to add multiple images to one file using the new Windows 11 version of MS paint. I didn't realize the images were wrong. I got them from the HOTS/MR wiki pages and the Freedom one from the "Kingdom flag" wiki article because the JK article's img isn't available anymore...

Your post with the banners and anthems is much more fitting than an edited image of "Uncle Sam" anyway lol

Edited by rangerklypf
  • Like 1

Yeah I know.. the original legacy of MR went to sleep with the passing of EoMR. But it's all good, you got all the images you need now!

Well some of us are still playing Epic :D 

We welcome new players to MR/ Desertion :) 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

Great post. Definitely the part about making a name for yourself. Love it all the same. Hope more join.

i think its time epic is revived...im an old epic player and i am now returning to the server, encourage many other older players to also return and i really hope some new players will join as well. epic was always a great time and a great community and i think it is time that it got some love from the player base again. lets rebuild those great fortresses and cities that we all loved and conquered. lets finally revive EPIC and make it great again.

i met alot of friends, and made alot of enemies i respect on the epic cluster in my previous years of playing, and i would love to bring that all back to the game.

chaos is linked to the freedom servers and it doesnt really show pvp true justice, defiance was a sad joke and many of us tried it and left, it wasnt really want we wanted...but epic is what its name says. 

IT IS AN EPIC PLACE OF COMARADERIE! IT IS A EPIC PLACE OF LANDS TO BE DEVELOPED! AND IT IS AN EPIC PLACE OF PVP AND WARFARE IF YOU SO WANT IT.  COME JOIN US ON EPIC AGAIN! LETS LIVE ALITTLE!

• Like 1

Sadly, looks like owners rather open new clusters instead fixing existing one.