Sign in to follow this  
Ryaanna

Donkey hitched on small cart

How cool it would be to be able to hitch a donkey to a small cart and allow players to ride it. This would be amazing for new players. It would allow them to move their stuff little bit easier.

Edited by Ryaanna
  • Like 7

It's been suggested before, still a good idea! I posted this picture in the previous thread about it (linked below) to help visualize the idea and I'm posting it again here because it just looks like it's meant to be. Donkeys are also a bit small for the large cart and wagon, but they fit perfectly with the small cart. I hope this is added one day :) 

unknown.png

• Like 5

I was just riding a donkey and imagined how cool it can be to have a small cart behind me. Yeah. Thank you @Vorticella

Perhaps if you could not ride it, but lead it.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

41 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Perhaps if you could not ride it, but lead it.

Perhaps you ride on the donkey as it pulls the cart, if animations for a newbie to drive the small cart are too difficult.

I am guess though they do not want newbs driving small carts for some reason.  Obviously it is pretty restrictive compared to a large cart (whoopie, you can carry nine logs at half speed) so dunno why not let new or free players have the small cart. 

Probably something to do with PvP alts.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Homestead said:

Dogs and sheep (since we don't have goats).

There is a better solution to "we don't have goats".   🙂

• Like 1

+1 for the donkey pulling a small cart. best would be to be able to ride it, albeit very slowly - cause it's just one little donkey carrying your overloaded self and dragging an overloaded cart, lol. more practical would be just being able to lead it and the cart at a normal walking pace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

There is a better solution to "we don't have goats".   🙂

Adding goats would be a separate suggestion.

52 minutes ago, Homestead said:

Adding goats would be a separate suggestion.

:)

Let's take it as a working assumption that goats have also already been suggested many times.  If they get around to implementing those suggestions before these ones, then goats are already on the list for animals to pull carts  😉.

If these get implemented before those, then cart pulling points the devs at goats.   win/win.

• Like 1

Seconded! Large carts will still have an advantage in speed and load space, but this way newbies will have something too.

I am wondering why people would want devs to invest time in making small carts hitchable, when you just barely need over 20 in skill to be able to drive a large cart.
Beeing premed one time protects your toon from deletion and you keep your chars skills when you go unpremed and thus can continue driving your large cart.
Reaching the skill needed for the large cart is easily achived in one day of game play, by for example making and imping your tools to max.

This topic about small medieval carts is showing how it was used and that it was for short distances.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cecci said:

I am wondering why people would want devs to invest time in making small carts hitchable, when you just barely need over 20 in skill to be able to drive a large cart.

I agree if the suggestion is just about making the small cart into a vehicle to drive around, but I don't think that would be the best use for it and most would still just end up sitting around once players make a large cart.

What I would like is to be able to lead the donkey while it's hitched, so I could use the cart in exactly the way small carts are/were used in real life: for moving things short distances. I can see it being a portable toolbox on deed, for example, or to use it for things like foraging and archaeology where you collect piles of stuff tile by tile while moving around on foot.

The difference would be to be able to walk around and be able to have the cart follow you. However instead of walking slowly as we do when dragging them, the donkey would do the dragging so the player can move at normal speed.

Hitching and leading would make both small carts and donkeys very useful for players at all levels.

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

While there are definitely instances of donkeys pulling both luggage AND people irl, I agree with others that the large cart is what's meant to be the rideable vehicle (and it's easily achievable). So no to riding the small cart/riding the donkey while it pulls. 

But I find it unfortunate that one of the classic "beasts of burden" are hardly used as such. 

I love the idea of a donkey pulling the cart while you lead it at walking speed. +1

And if it would be too OP after, say, combining clay piles into ridiculously enormous items that should surely over-encumber the donkey... Perhaps the donkey could un-lead itself from the rope and prevent itself from being led with a message like The donkey is overburdened with too much weight in its cart.

So the donkey-pulled cart helps you tow around more stuff and more weight than you would have been able to by yourself at walking speed, but there's still a preventative measure so you can't just zoom around with a zillion billion kilos.

Plus it could give newbies a potential way to hitch up and utilize their first animal friend 🥺:)

Edited by Lovelie
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lovelie said:

While there are definitely instances of donkeys pulling both luggage AND people irl, I agree with others that the large cart is what's meant to be the rideable vehicle (and it's easily achievable). So no to riding the small cart/riding the donkey while it pulls. 

But I find it unfortunate that one of the classic "beasts of burden" are hardly used as such. 

I love the idea of a donkey pulling the cart while you lead it at walking speed. +1

And if it would be too OP after, say, combining clay piles into ridiculously enormous items that should surely over-encumber the donkey... Perhaps the donkey could un-lead itself from the rope and prevent itself from being led with a message like The donkey is overburdened with too much weight in its cart.

So the donkey-pulled cart helps you tow around more stuff and more weight than you would have been able to by yourself at walking speed, but there's still a preventative measure so you can't just zoom around with a zillion billion kilos.

Plus it could give newbies a potential way to hitch up and utilize their first animal friend 🥺:)

This. 

• Like 1