Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

The lava spike of Celebration

Back when I started to create Thatcher's Deed on the 5th of February, I had an idea when I saw the pretty scuffed rock layer of the area. "Why don't I create something really silly, something like a massive spike of rock coming out of the land?"
I checked the forums, and found out this wasn't an idea unique to me!

I decided once I hit the same point as this fine person, I'd make my own thread and do my own updates on the progress of the spike. And today, that point was reached. What you see in this picture is a 402 slope.

7R8kZlP.jpeg

With 2 PoP accounts, we're getting over a hundred slope per month, and my current idea is to post how it looks every increase of 100, so you can expect a post just over every 3 weeks. This is a pet project I've come to strangely love, so you can expect me to keep going so long as I'm around and it keeps going up. One side is exposed rock, and the others are steppe just to help it stand out against the mountain behind.

If, for whatever reason, you want to see it in person, you can simply head over to Thatcher's Deed on Celebration as we're on the Yaga map for the server. It's a lovely coastal area and is (very slowly) being set up as a horse market and general merchants.

• Like 17

I LOVE THIS AND YOU AND THIS AND THE SPIKE AND YOU AND THE DEED AND THE SPIKE 

• Like 2

That's it, my alt is going path of power. I've been wanting scaffolding to raise rock higher than 40 with concrete for a long time, but this way I can get those cliff edges up :) Thank you! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Svartskard said:

That's it, my alt is going path of power. I've been wanting scaffolding to raise rock higher than 40 with concrete for a long time, but this way I can get those cliff edges up :) Thank you! :)

Yep! Erupt is amazing for adjusting rock slopes that might be above your mine ability or for general adjustment. With one account you can raise it by 4 slope every 2 days, as you'll need to freeze the lava again before you can erupt the same tile and they share the same cooldown.

As a heads up, you still need to be in Magranon domain to cast it in the area you want to erupt. You don't need to be following Mag though.

It's time for an update! As of today, we're at a wonderful 510 slope.

PqB4wiG.png

Now, just to get a sense of scale, I had to walk to damn near the centre point of my dock, which is a good chunk of distance away. And even then, I could just barely get it all on screen.

4C77uWF.jpeg

And if you're wondering how it looks from the top, here it is:

V5v4YQW.jpeg

More updates to come, so stay tuned. (Excuse my messy deed as I finish it up....)

• Like 10

a beautiful obelisk. may it tear the blue skies overhead.

• Like 2

I1ll send my PoP Mag back there soon - only a few slopes but still :)

• Like 1

Indy's very own Lava Pond. At the base of Dragon Fang, east exit of the DFPass. Currently it needs a relight.

lavapond2.jpg

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 5

I recently traveled and saw the glorious spike.  Long live the spike. 

Please take a moment to embrace the spike in your life.

Edited by Kichi
  • Like 2

You know what time it is!

vUKw1MF.png

And the distance view?

Moved all the way back for this one

n2nuwtf.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Cat 1

Hello everyone!

Today is a milestone, as we have finally went over 1000 slope! [13:51:23] The border is 1006 slope up.

Enjoy a celebratory gif of me and my wonderful assistant, @Fraskesa

lava_spike.gif

A massive thank you to everyone who's helped, and in no particular order:

Fraskesa

Steelmerc

Jaz

Lordzmielot

Xallo

Silakka

And anyone I may have forgotten throughout this massive project. And don't worry, we're gonna keep going!

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 19
  • Cat 1

damn nice, gz!

what happens when you try climbing? stamina gone in 0.1 seconds? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donutkebab said:

damn nice, gz!

what happens when you try climbing? stamina gone in 0.1 seconds? 

I can't say since I'm PoP so I'm confident I can reach the top. Also, visits on horseback can ride up it via secrets.

We are at 1100+ already :) I really love to be part of this nonsense and useless project!

• Like 1