Sign in to follow this  
Hazelspider

Saddle bags: item limit in satchels

I had two full satchels, only one full one could be put in, the second could have 62 items but no more.  5 satchels can be put in but the other 3 had to be empty, nothing could be put in them.  I tried putting more items in the second one while in the bag, but it wouldn't let me.  This was tried on a 4-draft traited horse, is this because of a weight limit restriction?  I tried while it was hitched and unhitched but it was the same. I wasn't riding the horse just leading him behind me.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or a restriction on the carry wt I wasn't aware of.

It looks like weight restriction from your horse body strength... Not sure what were you putting in bag(fragments maybe?), but try lighter items like cloth strings or sprouts or grass and and you should be able to put more that 162

Animals have a weight limit of 175kg for all gear, including items inside their saddle bags. 162 fragments at 1kg, plus the weight of the saddle bags, saddle, and horseshoes, would be right around this limit.

• Like 1

I thought that might be it, but I was hoping otherwise. I did spend a little time trying to "trick" the bag into taking more, lol  Thank you for clearing that up for me. 

Is the limit different for draft horses? It was implemented with the disastrous animal patch so it could be.

• Like 1

I had hope that draft horses could carry more, they look like they should😁.  Alas, they don't.