Sign in to follow this  
olafhairybreeks

Bottle up excess sleep bonus

Ever have it where you know you're going to get some sleep bonus from the hamsters going on strike? Or want to complete that journal entry and get the rewards? But - oh no! You already have full sleep bonus! I suggest that we could be able to bottle our sleep bonus to keep it for future use. We could use these bottled bonuses whenever we wanted, like sleep powders. But to avoid crashing the powder market, perhaps they could be untradable and undroppable. Then we could have a nice bank of bonus that would otherwise go to waste.

• Like 4

Be nice aint got time to grind been sitting at 5 hours forever..bottle it at some ratio for yourself onlly +1

Wouldn't it be simpler to just remove the cap on sleep bonus?

It seems like that's what this proposal is really asking for.

I'd hate to be someone who'd spent Marks on an extra hour's maximum if this happened.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

I'm gonna be a little controversial here and vote no. 

That's what the over cap is, up to 10 hours. And if the ability to turn that into an infinite bank happens, then there's going to be less likelihood of it being given out due to downtime, and more likely global spells would be nerfed. 

It's a benefit that is clearly communicated up to a week away, with plenty of time to bring it below the cap before the bonus. 

The journal sb goes off the same cap too can get. Up to 10 hours, so I see no merit for being able to infinitely store free sb (as in anything other than the sb from powders) 

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind this if there was the ability to bottle just an hour, and only 1 at a time. But in general, it's a no from me because SB isn't meant to be a resource you can hoard.

I'm generally in favor of this, but see the points Madnath and Arch make. I don't have a horse in this though, as I've been at or very near 10 hrs for several yrs, I just don't grind unless absolutely necessary, which isn't that often, so I've missed out on benefiting from these hand-outs quite often. I think Mad's idea has merit though, 1 hr of SB, non-droppable, non-tradeable, hard limit of 1. And maybe have it cost 5 hrs, the same 5 you'll get when it's rewarded.

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

I wouldn't mind this if there was the ability to bottle just an hour, and only 1 at a time. But in general, it's a no from me because SB isn't meant to be a resource you can hoard.

49aOI2R.jpeg

I do agree, SB is supposed to be a catch up mechanic for those that don't have enough time to play not for those who have all the time in the world to hoard, and I'd sure as hell would be hoarding. I've personally sat at 10h for sometimes 5 months slowly chipping at it but it's intended purpose is for that "go hard" moment.

and now with SB being given like candy from treasures, you might as well use it while you have it.

Edited by Legios

No, please.

Frankly, sleep powder already subverts SB's purpose, but it exists and isn't likely to change.  I think "Compensation" should be given in marks, rather than SB (and marks can be used to buy SP anyway).

SB is already a bank, with 2 caps.  Now the suggestion is for a way to get around those caps.  How long until the suggestion that this over-cap SB just be converted to SP for trade?  Then people can get paid for not playing.

shoot i could see people having toons actually use beds to bottle up Sleep Bonus and sell the bottles a whole new trade hehe

7 hours ago, Smwoodburn said:

shoot i could see people having toons actually use beds to bottle up Sleep Bonus and sell the bottles a whole new trade hehe

I think that's why there's a request for them to be no drop and no trade.

Though sitting back and thinking on it, I think a much better way of doing this would be a craftable booster shot of some sort, that gives some restlessness back. Rather than increasing the amount of ready to hand SB a player has, why not give them a bit more of a chance to wildly burn it? Maybe use alchemy to craft some ungodly source liquid/salt concoction, tell them to hold their nose and drink it straight down while trying not to taste it. Give them an hour of restlessness back a week.