Sign in to follow this  
Darkelf

Rope Bridges !@#$%^

Well i found a cove and a huge network of cave tunnels and also in a wreck. So trying to see if i can fix it up and decided to make a rope bridge in one place for the first time. After setting up from point A to point B, noticed a huge wooded structures overlap the areas. By the time i got into the construction parts, i was thinking, this isnt right or even make any sense. Of course if i wanted to make timber/wooden bridge or these setup would be about right for support for stone bridging too. But rope bridge? This look like almost twenty years old plan that no one even correct this. The setup doesnt even require ropes to make it lol.

Infact the rope bridge, i believe probably the easiest one to make and need plenty of planks and tons of thick ropes for the projects. Hardly any metals require to make it either, smaller ropes or regular would be require for interlacing those half planks for the footing. This is weird setup and require way too much resources to make a silly rope bridge lol. I do remember famous quote "Bridges will be in by xmas 2006, Rolf"  w/e his name is. Look like this design is meant for all bridges regardless and guess no one was complaining or realize something isnt right.

Edited by Gawain
Edited out drug reference

It might help to highlight the suggestion part of the "everything sucks, y'all suck, your game sucks" post.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Locath said:

It might help to highlight the suggestion part of the "everything sucks, y'all suck, your game sucks" post.

Well i wasnt sure where to post this, but it does need to be redo or complete redo, so idk when this has been made or even being updated. But i can tell you, that aint the way to build a rope bridge lol. Sorry if i got out of line there, but it does need to be redo though.

not exactly sure what you are trying to say but in my experience rope bridges are very difficult to create especially the longer the bridge is too be seeing the skill requirements are set so high the material componants are also a bit overboard however once completed the bridges do look rather nice

6 hours ago, kordethbludscythe said:

not exactly sure what you are trying to say but in my experience rope bridges are very difficult to create especially the longer the bridge is too be seeing the skill requirements are set so high the material componants are also a bit overboard however once completed the bridges do look rather nice

Well i have manage to build a rope bridge IRL, depending on the terrain and from point A to point B. The most tricky parts is having two or more thick ropes from that locations. On the surfaces, only need four strong points to hold the ropes in place before adding the interlaced materials along with those planks. Now for cavern setup, is even more tricky. Cause you will need to find four strong points, mostly using spikes made from metal alloys. After that, you add two more thick ropes for supports, while walking through there.

So its vary depending on the height and distance you have to carry the ropes over from point A to point B, etc. Other projects is even harder, cause you need a stronger foundations to support the weight, timber or wooded structures isnt that bad, but the longer the bridge is, the harder it is. Stones and others stone materials can be tricky, cause the weight is even more pressure, esp in the middle and the bottom of that bridge. I have seen some start to crack sooner than others, cause the foundation is weak, that begin to stinks further into the earth.

I can't tell what you actually want. Do you want rope bridges to be harder to build? Easier? Take more materials? Fewer? Look different?

On 6/11/2022 at 4:06 AM, Lisimba said:

I can't tell what you actually want. Do you want rope bridges to be harder to build? Easier? Take more materials? Fewer? Look different?

Sorry didnt post this sooner. What happen is, was trying to setup rope bridge and ended up with wooden/timber bridge instead.

34 minutes ago, Darkelf said:

Sorry didnt post this sooner. What happen is, was trying to setup rope bridge and ended up with wooden/timber bridge instead.

So what's the suggestion or idea? What do you want to change? This is in the suggestions & ideas forum after all.