Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 10-JUN-22

Server

• Bug Fix: Fix for some treasure caskets being unable to be opened.
  • Change: Vehicle names are now limited to 120 characters to prevent issues.

Client

• Change: UI FPS setting increased in two presets.
    • Medium: from 15 to 30
    • Low: from 5 to 10
  • Bug Fix: Fixes for window ordering, flickering, and updating.
  • Bug Fix: Changes made to tile decorations have been reverted to address memory consumption issues.

37 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Vehicle names are now limited to 120 characters to prevent issues.

Was this humor? I logged on too late, but I wanted to run go see if I could use over 120 letters in a vehicle name. Will test after server reset.

what can we do to the windows to work like they did before this update? i didnt have any flickering problems until this went live, half the times i use the right mouse button or change tabs the event window flickers 

How about adding a settings option so chat boxes stay locked and not be able to drag into their own box...RIP touchpad users the chat boxes are most annoying thing about wurm nearly a deal breaker 

The flickering(?) if anything seems worse now. Rclick on a window it disappears and reappears, sometimes quickly but on others will take a few seconds to reappear.

I'm still having all the same UI issues that came about with the exploration update and after the recent updates that were supposed to resolve them.

: delays when typing in chat for letters to appear, delay when hovering menu items to become highlighted, delay when closing windows, etc

Edited by MordosKull

4 hours ago, MordosKull said:

I'm still having all the same UI issues that came about with the exploration update and after the recent updates that were supposed to resolve them.

: delays when typing in chat for letters to appear, delay when hovering menu items to become highlighted, delay when closing windows, etc

On Minimum and Low graphics profiles the UI FPS limit is enabled which would make the UI feel slower. If you're on Custom for the graphics profile check the UI FPS Limit settings under the Custom Graphics tab.

21 minutes ago, Budda said:

On Minimum and Low graphics profiles the UI FPS limit is enabled which would make the UI feel slower. If you're on Custom for the graphics profile check the UI FPS Limit settings under the Custom Graphics tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04IVq7I_LtQ

Excuse the poor quality and stuttering, but you can see in the video that having the event window focused (with another window behind it?) causes delays in the rest of the UI.

I've messed with things further, enabled the skill tracker to find that the issue no longer occurred. Hiding it again brought the delay back. 

2 hours ago, Budda said:

I've always run the game on the highest graphics settings possible. I checked under custom graphics and confirmed that UI fps limiting is unchecked. Any other suggestions?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Synjor said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04IVq7I_LtQ

Excuse the poor quality and stuttering, but you can see in the video that having the event window focused (with another window behind it?) causes delays in the rest of the UI.

I've messed with things further, enabled the skill tracker to find that the issue no longer occurred. Hiding it again brought the delay back. 

Interesting - thanks for the video. I haven't managed to reproduce the effect even following the same setup you have here unfortunately. Would you mind PMing me your settings file and your windows_sizexsize.txt file for the window size you most commonly use?

4 hours ago, MordosKull said:

I've always run the game on the highest graphics settings possible. I checked under custom graphics and confirmed that UI fps limiting is unchecked. Any other suggestions?

Not at the moment sorry, I'm presuming you're getting the same effect that's shown in the video - so once I can reproduce it myself we'll get it fixed.

• Like 3

I Pm'd you my files, Budda. Thanks for trying to get this figured out.

Also, not sure if it's related, but the affinity icons are extremely slow to change from a yellow exclamation mark to the final image when first loading into game. Never saw this happen before til explo. update either.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 1

My cooking journal is still not recognizing pies, tarts or cakes. I made one of each and the text is still not green.

Sign in to follow this