Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthropic

[BUG] Supreme roll, no map

Not 100% sure if its a bug, but I got a supreme roll while foraging and botanzing, it resulted in supreme lingonberries, but no map received.

Patch notes say:

Challenging(1/10 chance on rare roll, supreme rolls will always give one)(30-59ql)

Am I reading this wrong, or is it a bug?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

Not 100% sure if its a bug, but I got a supreme roll while foraging and botanzing, it resulted in supreme lingonberries, but no map received.

Patch notes say:

Challenging(1/10 chance on rare roll, supreme rolls will always give one)(30-59ql)

Am I reading this wrong, or is it a bug?

Do you remember if you foraged multiple items during that action, and if so, were the supreme berries the last thing you got on that action?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Do you remember if you foraged multiple items during that action, and if so, were the supreme berries the last thing you got on that action?

[10:41:00] You find some corn!
[10:41:00] This area looks picked clean.
[10:41:00] You start to forage in the area.
[10:41:05] You find a red mushroom!
[10:41:11] You have a moment of inspiration...
[10:41:11] You find some lingonberries!  <== supreme
[10:41:18] You find a black mushroom!
[10:41:18] This area looks picked clean.

According to the logs, the lingonberries were the second of 3 items found by "Foraging anything".

• Like 1

looks there are no maps from forage/botanize at all. I am foraging and botanizing, getting (non coin) rolls nearly every day, 30-45 minutes, and not a single map since patch.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

This bug definitely exists and continues to exist. I had a supreme sassafras today, and no casket.

• Like 1

Just found this thread. I have been foraging/botanizing quite a bit since the new treasure chest update. I got, like 7 or 8 rare coins, a rare acorn, and one other rare food item. No treasure chests yet tho.

If treasure chests are not possible due to a bug, this would explain my lack of treasure chests so far. I will post here if I do get a supreme or fantastic item foraging/botanizing. I honestly don't recall if any of the coins were above rare. Did not specifically think to check them.

The moments of inspiration from coins, is not a "real" moment of inspiration; it works on a separate system. Those will not yield treasure maps. The acorn and food item have a chance to, but at a 1/5, it isn't terribly surprising that it didn't give you one.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shydow said:

The moments of inspiration from coins, is not a "real" moment of inspiration; it works on a separate system. Those will not yield treasure maps. The acorn and food item have a chance to, but at a 1/5, it isn't terribly surprising that it didn't give you one.

I do not count coins, just bank them. I am aware that it is a different mechanic. Since the treasure hunt being active I got about 9 rare herbs and vegs, and one supreme sassafras. No map,

Does seem to be a bug here with actions that can given multiple items during the actions duration with it resetting the rare flag before it rolls for the chest, will get a fix out for it thanks for the report.

• Like 5

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2022 at 6:47 PM, Shydow said:

The moments of inspiration from coins, is not a "real" moment of inspiration; it works on a separate system.

Thanks clear that one up a bit.

10 hours ago, Darklords said:

Does seem to be a bug here with actions that can given multiple items during the actions duration with it resetting the rare flag before it rolls for the chest, will get a fix out for it thanks for the report.

Thanks a lot. That explains the issues. Looking forward for a fix as far as you find the time for.

Edit: To add, if that can be addressed too: There is a known issue that in case a stacked improve action is followed by a repair action (just in case that improve fails) rare roll effect is destroyed (at least Madnath explained that). I don't know whether that can be reviewed too, or is a completely different thing.

Edited by Ekcin

It is possible that there may be a similar, but different, problem involving the Investigate function of Archaeology.

Ordinarily, when getting the "nothing specific, but there may have been a deed here" message, I receive a fragment. In the past, it's been a rare or better fragment when moments of inspiration occur during that result.

It seems now that shards aren't produced under those circumstances (a moment of inspiration while investigating,) though it may produce a casket. Have gotten one rare and one supreme casket while Investigating, so that part of it seems to be working, but moments of inspiration now seem to preclude obtaining a fragment from the action.

Edited by Avaxas

[05:46:03] You have a moment of inspiration...
[05:46:03] You find a blueberrywood sprout!

No map either.