Sign in to follow this  
kaidley

UI.. Laggy?

I do not have the FPS limiter on for UI, yet any window dragged or type'd into, acts like it's limited to the lowest setting. 

Same here. I have a ~1sec lag when I try to close certain containers or while typing. Doesn't even apply to all containers.

Edit: Ram usage 4.7gb out of 32gb.

Edited by Rockmodd

Probably related to the memory leaks.. insane amounts of RAM being used with new UI lately, easily in the access of 10GB per client making things bad enough on a system with 16GB total, even worse if you got 8...

My crafting window only updates once per second, alongside the chat box, no limiter on for me too

Edit: Current RAM usage is 3.5GB/24ish GB that is available (32 Total)

Edited by Blueheart

1 minute ago, Skatyna said:

Probably related to the memory leaks.. insane amounts of RAM being used with new UI lately, easily in the access of 10GB per client making things bad enough on a system with 16GB total, even worse if you got 8...

out of the 16 I have, wurm only using like 1.8gb

Close your skill tracker and test. Or at least make sure the skill tracker box doesn't touch/overlap any other window. Credit goes to Velvetsun if this helps.

Edited by Rockmodd

1 hour ago, kaidley said:

out of the 16 I have, wurm only using like 1.8gb

yes, i heard that. for some people its fine, for others are like for me, leaks or takes insane amounts of memory. No idea if PC configuration specific

56 minutes ago, Rockmodd said:

Close your skill tracker and test. Or at least make sure the skill tracker box doesn't touch/overlap any other window. Credit goes to Velvetsun if this helps.

This is quite funny, my skill tracker wasn't overlaying however my Character window was, moving this resolved the issue - It looks like window overlapping in general may be a cause?

I'm using steam client with pretty much maxed out graphics settings. After 10 minutes of running across the map, memory usage of a single client steadily grows up to 11+ gigs to the point where it gets really not fun to run around the map or do anything at all...

image.png

Also, took this heap dump when client process was consuming ~8-9 gigs of memory if that helps in any way. Most of memory allocation seem to be offheap

image.png

PS if i just sit at deed doing deed work and what not, memory usage stays pretty low ~2 gigs

Also, this all started after yesterdays update.

I also have such a problem. closing windows lags. same is typing in chat.

this happened after today's update

I'm also having these issues since yesterday's update. Client memory utilization spiking to 10 GB consistently if I'm traveling at all, 2-3 if I'm simply walking around deed. But even when I have most windows closed and the rest non-overlapping + am quietly working on deed, I am still having periodic, massive lag spikes up to and including the entire game freezing for several seconds at a time every 30 mins or so. All of these issues are new since yesterday's patch.

Reducing tile details from "Extreme" to "Very sparse" seem to help a lot with memory utilization. Its not climbing nearly as high