Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 08-JUN-22

5 hours ago, elentari said:

So I got a 72 ql MAP!

The difficult one hmmm...

It had 6 steps, 6 horribly long steps that implied climbing 2 mountains and this beautiful clue...

https://imgur.com/a/gBkRjOG 

Fortunately the mighty Odynn helped me solved the maps. Not joking, without his help I would have been clueless on where to go. What would have otherwise taken me 12 to probably 20 hours, we managed to do it in four hours of non stop searching. Mind you this was with a 90 ql 90 Woa rare horse set to speed up the process. 

Each time I dug, angry mobs attacked. On top of the mountains is where it got hairy, 3 angry trolls + deathcrawler minion almost killed me. I am 98 FS. This was not an easy fight. 

So eventually, after long hours  I finally managed to find the last clue and the treasure was dug. 

https://imgur.com/a/CBGk5z7

Honestly guys... after 2 people putting in 4 hours of work...this is garbage. Maybe it's because it's 5 AM and I am tired as hell , maybe It's because I hoped you guys would listen to your testers and removed the filler trash but really...come on. 

69 coppers in deed chips...you do realise in 4 hours I could probably make 5 times that much just spamming bricks or digging dirt, right? 

So the money motivation is gone. What else remains? Dioptra fragments? Not interesting. Leather? Not my cup of tea. Chess pieces? Well I guess why not, we have a journal goal about them. Ropes? Not even worth bringing back to deed. At least make them cordage ropes, my priest might like those.

But the rest?

Guess I am too tired to express my profound dissapointment but if this is what a 72 ql map and 4 hours of work done by 2 players then I really have zero motivation to pursue this content any longer. What's the motivation guys? Seriously. 

And if someone gives the argument "you just had bad luck on the loot table" let me please remind you one thing...getting a chest at the end shouldn't be about "bad luck". 

1. We have RNG to get a MOI.

2. We have RNG within RNG to get a map within that MOI. 

3. We have RNG within that RNG to get a high ql map.

4. You have RNG to get decent clues that won't suck 20 hours out of your life. 

5. On top of that mountain of RNG so far...you get more RNG by being blessed with an atrocious Loot Table.

What are we doing here? Jesus. What's the real reward here? What's the motivation for this headache? Why so much pointless filler trash? 

You do realise you have to pretty much be 80-90 FS + decent in archeology + have a decent horse + have good gear that's probably worth some money to actually do these difficult maps right? 

So under that assumption, WHY would you possibly add so much filler trash when you require a medium to high end account to actually do that content in the first place when the said player could probably already get all those things with less effort? 

The effort vs reward ratio is absurd. I can ask a friend to make 90 ql leather. I can mine for gems. Source crystals are pointless when I can do a mission and get more karma. 

There is absolutely nothing in that loot table that interests me as a player besides the chess pieces I need to finish a journal goal.

These difficult maps WILL NOT be finished by f2p or low end accounts I can tell you that much. So why would you design pointless rewards that require high end accounts, which can already get those rewards in game with less effort? 

Guys...seriously, change the rewards because so far I have not heard one player doing these difficult maps and enjoying anything about them. This is not good. 

I love this update but have to agree. Had better reward on 2 step map I finished in under an hour.

Loot chances needs to be scaled better for more difficult maps. It 's fine to use luck on easier maps, but when you're required to spend 6 hours, on something that you had small chance to get to begin with telling someone you had bad luck on loot table is absurd. Right now is too much luck and too little dependence on ql of clue.

I really can't understand how dev team doesn't see that.

6 hours ago, Archaed said:

You're talking to the wrong people then. 

Maybe you just don't like this update and you'll find any reason to be unhappy about it. I get the disappointment, but you seem to be upset that others aren't as disappointed as you, it's okay to not like a part of wurm, personally, I hate imping skills, they're boring and repetitive, much like your continued posts here. 

This is just plain ridiculous.  This IS the patch notes thread, so it IS where complaints about the patch should go.  Unfortunately, the complaints were already being made before the patch was made to live servers, so if you are finding their repetition boring, perhaps you are talking to the wrong people.   Being made unhappy about the update because of the update is completely different to "finding any reason" to do so, and it really does seem to be the same couple of reasons coming up.  That is not the fault of the people bringing it up.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 3:20 PM, nineol said:

It’s also okay if a map ends up being a write-off, that’s going to happen occasionally; it happens when looking for uniques, trying to imp that ‘special’ weapon supreme, opening a boat mine at just the right spot, etc. That’s just part of Wurm.

That's the spirit!

On 6/9/2022 at 11:58 AM, Radircs said:

Ah right I am around 60 now so maybe thats why i forget it. But how fare is it? The wiki did not state the distanc it massure. But looks lie a good reason to get archeologie at least to 70. If its just a cupple of tiles (like 10) its maybe not strong enough to be good for this kind of clues if its a realy remot area. It maybe need to be wider then.

My notes on archaeology directions (not etched in stone):               

"far away" = yup, really far away. Can be more than 150 tiles, from Magincia Island on Inde I get clues to all manner of deeds on the mainland.                                                
    "Quite distant" = 60-90 tiles                                                
    “Close” = 30-50 tiles                                                
    “Nearby” = 20-25 tiles                                                
    “Very Close” =  10-15 tiles            

These should be the distances to the token tile, not to the first tile that is recorded as belonging to the deed.

Notice that "nearby" is closer to you than "close".                                    

Edited by CistaCista

Only way I can figure this improving is gathering some poll data a month after the release of this update and see what can be changed and improved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MordosKull said:

Any word on the UI delays and other UI issues being fixed? 

last 2 patches addressed the ui fps and next one fixed the ui window focus problems, afaik all but memory leak is fixed or seems so

• Like 1

Honestly my only issues with the loot is the insane amount of the bad loot that's given with the maps.

I am begging to please get rid of giving us a load of leather in one chest. Please make it maybe 8 leather max, so we're not weighed down while riding and so that we have inventory space to stay out and do the rest of the maps if we have more of them to do.

43 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Honestly my only issues with the loot is the insane amount of the bad loot that's given with the maps.

I am begging to please get rid of giving us a load of leather in one chest. Please make it maybe 8 leather max, so we're not weighed down while riding and so that we have inventory space to stay out and do the rest of the maps if we have more of them to do.

Just don't take the leather lol. More dumb loot is needed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Just don't take the leather lol. More dumb loot is needed. 

My issue with it isn't that leather is there, the issue is the quantity. Yes we can drop it, but it just kinda sucks to be dropped a load of it.

Keep the leather in, just reduce it a large chunk and slap in an extra source crystal or two. It doesn't need to give something mega valuable in place of it, just adjusting it so we're not drowning in it and being a pain.

Leather isn't even DUMB, it's not without value, it's just a dumb amount rather than a dumb prize. I fully subscribe to Stanlees dumb loot idea instead. I want the goofy stuff too, but dropping 24 leather on me isn't dumb loot, it's just a bit lame.

Edited by Madnath

Sign in to follow this