Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 08-JUN-22

Comments

• Journal entries are not updated for previously made items.
    • This is intentional as we cannot track the previous completion of items. While the creator tag exists, it is unreliable and unavailable on all items.

Server Fixes

• The mill salt goal should now trigger properly.
  • The 50 Recipes goal will now trigger retroactively.
  • Water/Food will now once again drain down.
  • Olive oil and spit-roasting recipes have returned, and their achievements should function.
  • Fixed rare cases where a map would fail to find a location.
  • Mules are no longer valid mission targets.

Client Fixes

• Fixed in-game Wurmpedia
  • Fixed delay when hiding the UI
  • Fixed some UI elements always being on top
  • Added right-click option to clues with text for copying the text
  • Like 11

Food and water are dropping super fast, 40% in 3 minutes....nutrition is also dropping without fasting.

Valiance

Edited by Wulfrock

Also noticing that nutrition is decaying....which has never been a thing unless you fast.

• Like 1

Yeah now is super fast drops i was 94 nutri and food and now am 47% nutri and 59% food after 15minutes.

19 minutes ago, Wulfrock said:

Food and water are dropping super fast, 40% in 3 minutes....

Valiance

That would explain why another shut down is in the making 😅 I was wondering why!!!

• Like 1

Just wanted to fill everyone in on the abrupt shutdown earlier. When the servers came back up it was pretty quickly apparent something was still not working right with food/water/nutrition and they were now draining extremely fast. During our testing we had the newbie food buffs on our testing account which cancelled out the issue and caused us to completely miss it. We will be changing our test environment to make an issue like this harder to slip through for future updates. Next week during our normal weekly reset we will be giving out sleep bonus for the interruption caused.

• Like 16

the changelog is missing the best change in this.

fOl6hYM.png

now we can turn off the search bars and filters on the new ui.

• Like 2

Thank you for getting to this promptly, loving the attention that the dev team is putting into things. Also the treasure hunt system is not bad on live, already done a couple and they were quite fun, especially on chaos.

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Comments

• Journal entries are not updated for previously made items.
    • This is intentional as we cannot track the previous completion of items. While the creator tag exists, it is unreliable and unavailable on all items.

This makes me sad.  Not for all the rare items, not a big deal, but for those of us who have done mission structures specifically for missions.  

• Like 2

Window/dialog priority is still messed up, Wagon inventory remains on top of Inventory group for example, opened item pile from ground is on top of crafting window, etc

it used to be possible to change what's on top by selecting it(clicking in/on the window you want on top, none was predefined on top and forcing other to be moved to the side as only solution)

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Fixed some UI elements always being on top

Since update yesterday I am going absolutely batshit crazy with some UI change.

Say I have two "containers" or menus open. IN this case (as of this minute) doing resto have inventory and a large amphora open and spread pretty big, always done this way to see metal types. Old way click on the amphora inventory and it goes to top. Click on inventory (anywhere in inventory box/amphora box) it goes to top. Now I have to resize and drag each time. Others in alliance are reporting this isn't an issue for them..

Am I missing something? Cause right now It's taking me to the point of rage quitting (along with 7 rare rolls farming not dropping a treasure map and my journal box refusing to open)

I had no option to pick my herbs from planters last night clicking the stack or individual pots, had to write the whole lot off as a loss and give up.

Since the update, I'm having delays while typing text in chat, pressing continue in the crafting window, closing windows, and display of item select lines and info when hovering over an inventory item.

Also, the blue progress bar in crafting window that usually steadily moves along with each action now jumps after each second. So, if the action takes 8 seconds, it will jump 8 times as progress occurs instead of steadily flowing across.

Is there a memory issue? I'm showing wurm in task manager running between 2,300 and 3,000 mb.

16gb ram rig

Edited by MordosKull

1 hour ago, MordosKull said:

Since the update, I'm having delays while typing text in chat, pressing continue in the crafting window, closing windows, and display of item select lines and info when hovering over an inventory item.

Also, the blue progress bar in crafting window that usually steadily moves along with each action now jumps after each second. So, if the action takes 8 seconds, it will jump 8 times as progress occurs instead of steadily flowing across.

Is there a memory issue? I'm showing wurm in task manager running between 2,300 and 3,000 mb.

16gb ram rig

Not sure if this is your issue but having the skill tracker overlapping/touching another window was causing me a ton of UI lag issues. Hiding it or at least moving it away from other windows fixed it.

13 minutes ago, Rockmodd said:

Not sure if this is your issue but having the skill tracker overlapping/touching another window was causing me a ton of UI lag issues. Hiding it or at least moving it away from other windows fixed it.

Thanks but no, it's happening without skill tracker being open.

• Like 1

So far I'm seeing a lot of bugs getting fixed in a timely manner and I have to say I'm loving that. Shout out to the bug squishers! \o/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darklords said:

Just wanted to fill everyone in on the abrupt shutdown earlier. When the servers came back up it was pretty quickly apparent something was still not working right with food/water/nutrition and they were now draining extremely fast. During our testing we had the newbie food buffs on our testing account which cancelled out the issue and caused us to completely miss it. We will be changing our test environment to make an issue like this harder to slip through for future updates. Next week during our normal weekly reset we will be giving out sleep bonus for the interruption caused.

Any idea if we'll get a 30% skillgain bonus and double affinity chance weekend at any point? I'd say the release of exploration would warrant it. Dont remember when the last was. Could help bring players back/in?

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rudie said:

Any idea if we'll get a 30% skillgain bonus and double affinity chance weekend at any point? I'd say the release of exploration would warrant it. Dont remember when the last was. Could help bring players back/in?

Good suggestion.

The devs have done a fantastic job overall with the content that has been released. be good to try and capitalise on a great update release.

• Like 1

Gotta say...while I do love the exploration update I see one MAJOR issue with maps.

Adding clues that implies "search for the ruins of X deed what dissapeared months/ years ago" and no one knows where it was on a map is just awful. Especially when it is in a mountainous area that is difficult to traverse. Can honestly say I just wasted 2 hours of my life doing a 15 ql map because of this mechanic. It's really not worth it. I am tempted to just sac at an altar every low ql map I find. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Adding clues that implies "search for the ruins of X deed what dissapeared months/ years ago" and no one knows where it was on a map is just awful. Especially when it is in a mountainous area that is difficult to traverse. Can honestly say I just wasted 2 hours of my life doing a 15 ql map because of this mechanic. It's really not worth it. I am tempted to just sac at an altar every low ql map I find.

This was identified by many people in testing and still went live.

1 minute ago, TheTrickster said:

This was identified by many people in testing and still went live.

And this is a good thing? 

38 minutes ago, elentari said:

And this is a good thing? 

No, definitely not.  It is why I shall not be doing treasure hunts. "Really not worth it" is a polite summary.

37 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

No, definitely not.  It is why I shall not be doing treasure hunts. "Really not worth it" is a polite summary.

more for me(us) then :D 

I understand that you may have life outside of the game, so you may not have the time or energy to put in to exploring like this, but man, this totally works for someone like me. im stoked here

Sign in to follow this