Sign in to follow this  
Dwain

I cannot open a rare small dirty casket, birchwood

I dug up a rare small dirty casket, birchwood and I cannot open it.

There is an Open option on right click but it does nothing (no event logged when clicked).

Examine gives:

[20:33:53] This is a novice clue. You have completed 0 steps of this treasure hunt. This clue may have between 2 and 3 steps.

[20:33:53] A dirty looking casket. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is made from birchwood.

Can I mail it to someone to take a look at it?

It started with a Novice Treasure Clue (from the Journal - Hunting for Clues) which worked fine and gave a map:

[19:04:31] You have just received the title 'Scavenger'!
[19:04:31] Congratulations, you fully completed Hunting for Clues and earned the reward: Scavenger Title, 1h Sleep Bonus, 1 Novice Treasure Clue
[19:04:43] You carefully work to open it up without damaging what's inside...
[19:04:45] You find a piece of parchment.
[19:04:56] This is a novice clue. You have completed 0 steps of this treasure hunt. This clue may have between 2 and 3 steps.
[19:04:56] A map leading to long lost treasure. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item.
[19:05:00] You find some notes scribbled on the back of the old treasure map with a rough estimate of the location.

The map led me to the un-openable casket (included some tests to open it after trying different stuff):

[19:47:12] You will now attempt to climb steep areas.
[19:47:15] You start digging for treasure!
[19:47:28] You find a small old casket.
[19:47:38] You will no longer climb.
[19:47:56] This is a novice clue. You have completed 0 steps of this treasure hunt. This clue may have between 2 and 3 steps.
[19:47:56] A dirty looking casket. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is made from birchwood.
[19:48:10] This is a novice clue. You have completed 0 steps of this treasure hunt. This clue may have between 2 and 3 steps.
[19:48:10] A dirty looking casket. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is made from birchwood.
[19:48:15] You mount on the old fat Windmaestro as the driver.
[19:48:15] You stop leading the old fat Windmaestro.
[19:48:35] You leave the old fat Windmaestro.
[19:48:39] You start leading the old fat Windmaestro.
[19:48:47] You drop a small dirty casket.
[19:48:48] You get a small dirty casket.
[19:49:04] This is a novice clue. You have completed 0 steps of this treasure hunt. This clue may have between 2 and 3 steps.
[19:49:04] A dirty looking casket. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is made from birchwood.
[19:50:01] This is a novice clue. You have completed 0 steps of this treasure hunt. This clue may have between 2 and 3 steps.
[19:50:01] A dirty looking casket. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is made from birchwood.
[19:51:58] You will now attempt to climb steep areas.
[19:52:27] You will no longer climb.

i have the same problem with the rare small dirty casket, can not open it

I also have the same issue, also from the chest reward for the Hunting for clues journal chapter, cant even open it to get started

Just got my 2nd casket have same problem on CAD, didn't have problem yesterday

If you are unable to open the casket, please make a support ticket and put the ticket numbers here.

• Like 2

my rare small dirty casket is open now helped by GM

• Like 1

I have just made a support ticket ingame, #432841.

• Like 1

There does seem to be an issue with a few caskets not being able to be opened we are currently investigating it and will have it fixed as soon as possible.