Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 07-JUN-2022

There will be a huge issue once the old UI will be discontinued.

New UI client uses 10GB of RAM while the same settings on old UI takes only 2GB.. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just SUPREMELY unlucky, but I've been dredging since the update dropped.  I've dredged almost 1k sand (never stacking actions past my rarity window) since the update and haven't got a single MoI.  Dredgeing is listed as one of the available actions, but are you sure you actually get an MoI from dredging?

Just unlucky, i've had plenty of moi's from dredging

So much great stuff! And treasure hunting was real fun!

Also, large planters does not trigger farm/harvest. Dunno if intended or not?

Edited by Nordlys

thank you  Josh Strife Hayes For your video on youtube.  it helped change things for the better.  Sorry off highlight not sure how to take it off lol

Edited by validate

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

They do not come from every rare actions, 20% of them will give a map of some tier. Supreme/Fantastic rolls will always give them though only rare rolls have the lower chance.

had 6 inspirations while foraging/botanising  - 0 maps found

Edited by Puffy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vor said:

Food/Water/Nutri bars and ccfp seem to be bugged, stuck at 99%

Same here. I've been on for a while and they are still capped. I can't eat any affinity foods now.

30 moments of inspiration during botanizing and foraging and not a single clue.

2 minutes ago, Katrat said:

Same here. I've been on for a while and they are still capped. I can't eat any affinity foods now.

We are aware of the issue and will be patching it tomorrow morning during a reset.

4 minutes ago, Miket said:

30 moments of inspiration during botanizing and foraging and not a single clue.

49 minutes ago, Puffy said:

had 6 inspirations while foraging/botanising  - 0 maps found

Getting a rare coin roll which is much more common is not a moment of inspiration but does use the same sound effect so I understand how that is confusing and will see if we can do anything to make those more distinct.

• Like 2

A minor annoyance - My container windows no longer overlay my character or skill trackers. They use to do so with a click on the container window but now they stay underneath and require a shifting around of windows to make them visible.

7 minutes ago, Katrat said:

A minor annoyance - My container windows no longer overlay my character or skill trackers. They use to do so with a click on the container window but now they stay underneath and require a shifting around of windows to make them visible.

Aye. For some reason the character window "takes priority" over other windows. It didn't used to be like that yesterday. 

• Like 1

went out, got a novice chest, i felt frustrated because the i14 in the map clue does not look like an i.

and seems like when youre given a map clue to find a tower, you are given a village name and map coords. the village is not reliable location, its all on the map coords.

For example I had Little Rodentia, the map coords for this village is i15. The clue gave me around i14. The actual tower was located i13. So the village i was given was 2 map squares away while the clue said 1 map square away from i14. 

not sure it is intended but the village location is redundant to the extent of actually finding the casket, only to try and track down the map square to be around. It was confusing because at first I thought that it must be around the village because thats how it reads.

Fun overall, i enjoyed the hunt.

• Like 1

By any chance in the off-chance, is there any chance that somehow the graphics were altered so that you now have to use a gfx card that has DX11+ capabilities? I can no longer play the game, and I have DX10.    Changed gfx settings, verified 2x, uninstalled, reinstalled, reverified. nothing but white screen and Not Responding.

41 minutes ago, YharghofNorthGate said:

By any chance in the off-chance, is there any chance that somehow the graphics were altered so that you now have to use a gfx card that has DX11+ capabilities? I can no longer play the game, and I have DX10.    Changed gfx settings, verified 2x, uninstalled, reinstalled, reverified. nothing but white screen and Not Responding.

Please post in the client bugs section with any extra info you have, including your client console.log file (FWIW we don't use DirectX, so it won't be that - but there might be something else we can find with your log files).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skatyna said:

There will be a huge issue once the old UI will be discontinued.

New UI client uses 10GB of RAM while the same settings on old UI takes only 2GB.. 

5e8c2f55922c7cf33f13423f3c47da36.png

not really

Since the update i cannot cultivate my rice fields but I can sow rice on them. :(

11 hours ago, validate said:

Sorry off highlight not sure how to take it off lol

use the remove "format button" here.

XIG0dWH.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: The following actions can now be performed with an activated container containing the appropriate items, without having to activate the item itself. For example, you may now queue multiple sowing actions using a satchel containing seeds. This will allow you to fill your entire action queue without having to change toolbelt slots or activate different items in between actions. Each action will use the first valid item found inside the container. Items inside sub-containers (such as a seed inside a satchel inside a backpack) can be used, but items directly inside the activated container are given preference. The full list of supported actions is as follows:
    • Sowing crops on dirt tiles
    • Planting sprouts on tiles
    • Planting hedges on tile borders
    • Planting flowers, grass, thatch, or reed on tiles
      • Planting things in pottery planters. To make this easier, selecting a toolbelt slot with a container will now, by default, activate the container instead of the first item found inside. This behaviour can be toggled on demand; clicking the same toolbelt slot again (or pressing the appropriate key binding, if any) will switch between activating the container and activating the item inside like before. This preference is set per toolbelt slot and is saved with the toolbelt arrangement.

10/10 but please allow this to work for taming too

• Like 6

On 3/23/2022 at 1:08 AM, Keenan said:

I will admit that animal husbandry has been rather distant on our minds. I'm hesitant to pull resources off of the exploration update to look into this, but I'll see what we can do.

Does this mean it can get fixed next since it did end up missing out?

7 hours ago, Finnn said:

5e8c2f55922c7cf33f13423f3c47da36.png

not really

wurmmemory.png

Not joking. That was after 3 hours of running around finding treasure, but there's definitely something wrong here.

Edit: I did a heap dump with VisualVM. The top entries by count:

• 34.8 million float[], about 1.3 GB.
  • 17.3 million class.pkCaVFoWY, about 1.8 GB.
  • 3.72 million class.JG0HICX1pv, about 300 MB.
  • 2.27 million class.BKPmVqKUPW, about 109 MB.

The rest are well below a million.

The heap tops out at about 4 GB even though the whole process is using about 10 GB, so it's clearly missing stuff somewhere. I'm not sure if the remainder is stack or allocated outside the Java memory manager or whatever else is going on.

Edited by Lisimba
More info
  • Like 1

Not sure what is going on post update, but I had 4 crashes in 2 hours. 2 of them while embarking / disembarking and 2 while simply standing still and improving. 

I wonder if only the standard mining/digging actions have the clue chance or the level/flatten actions will work as well?

11 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I wonder if only the standard mining/digging actions have the clue chance or the level/flatten actions will work as well?

you dont get MOI's on leveling and flattening, so its just regular digging / mining

• Like 2

14 hours ago, demondan said:

went out, got a novice chest, i felt frustrated because the i14 in the map clue does not look like an i.

and seems like when youre given a map clue to find a tower, you are given a village name and map coords. the village is not reliable location, its all on the map coords.

For example I had Little Rodentia, the map coords for this village is i15. The clue gave me around i14. The actual tower was located i13. So the village i was given was 2 map squares away while the clue said 1 map square away from i14. 

not sure it is intended but the village location is redundant to the extent of actually finding the casket, only to try and track down the map square to be around. It was confusing because at first I thought that it must be around the village because thats how it reads.

Fun overall, i enjoyed the hunt.

Took me well over 4h to find a tower.village was on o24.

Clue said q22.

Tower was somewhere in the mountains around q21 or so

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Darklords said:

Getting a rare coin roll which is much more common is not a moment of inspiration but does use the same sound effect so I understand how that is confusing and will see if we can do anything to make those more distinct.

In that case include hunting, as I bet rare coin roll while hunting is not classed as MOI too?

On 6/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, LynD said:

This is the only one that I have any concern with (everything else looks great!), but there are times when you want to have a level area and knowing even a gentle slope can let you know which corner needs talking down. Sometimes that "1 slope" makes a difference. 

As someone who intends to do a whole lot of Terraforming this is the major concern for me also especially as a new player you cannot always tell how far off in terms of slope something is, I'm baffled as to why they would remove this info.

Sign in to follow this