Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 07-JUN-2022

The "Mill salt" journal quest doesn't seem to trigger when you mill some salt.

Ingame wiki no longer shows up, only the search for external. Wen more keybindable actions, save our wrists.

24 minutes ago, Ajala said:

The "Mill salt" journal quest doesn't seem to trigger when you mill some salt.

Can confirm.

Also I have 590 ish recipes, I cannot learn 50 more. 

16 minutes ago, elentari said:

Can confirm.

Also I have 590 ish recipes, I cannot learn 50 more. 

Will get that and the mill salt issue looked into thanks for letting us know.

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Players will have a chance to find treasure maps during rare rolls on the following actions:

• Farming/Harvesting
  • Botanize/Forage Actions
  • Digging
  • Mining
  • Investigating Archeology Sites
  • Fishing/Dredging
  • Praying

[19:52:48] You have a moment of inspiration...

[19:52:48] You send your prayers to Vynora.

No map.  This happened on my priest alt btw. 

Edited by elentari

4 minutes ago, elentari said:

[19:52:48] You have a moment of inspiration...

[19:52:48] You send your prayers to Vynora.

No map.  This happened on my priest alt btw. 

They do not come from every rare actions, 20% of them will give a map of some tier. Supreme/Fantastic rolls will always give them though only rare rolls have the lower chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

They do not come from every rare actions, 20% of them will give a map of some tier. Supreme/Fantastic rolls will always give them though only rare rolls have the lower chance.

Ah ok. That wasn't clear from the update post. 

pelts fitting inside small chests

Must be a cold day in Hell today!

• Like 2

Change: The following actions can now be performed with an activated container containing the appropriate items, without having to activate the item itself. For example, you may now queue multiple sowing actions using a satchel containing seeds. This will allow you to fill your entire action queue without having to change toolbelt slots or activate different items in between actions. Each action will use the first valid item found inside the container. Items inside sub-containers (such as a seed inside a satchel inside a backpack) can be used, but items directly inside the activated container are given preference. The full list of supported actions is as follows:

This is one of the most beautiful changes ever. HUUUUUGE QoL improvement, thank you! :wub:

• Like 6

So many great QoL fixes alongside this exciting new update!
Especially the following changes make me very happy:

• Change: Many soft or pliable items (such as pelts, leather, and many cloth items) no longer check the specific dimensions of the container they are placed in.
  • Change: Sound options in the settings can now all be changed while the game is running.
  • Change: The following actions can now be performed with an activated container containing the appropriate items, without having to activate the item itself.
  • Fixed the hitbox of the hide button on the Main Menu.

Also love the changes that make it easier for new players to get started and the updates to the journal system!

Now it's time to try out some treasure hunting!

• Like 1

Something strange going on with performance after this patch.. Out of nowhere, wurm clients starts taking 12+ GB of memory, also massive cpu/gpu spikes from time to time. It gets even worse to run a second client..

So im running around, exploring (only 1 wurm client running) and memory usage seem to just go up and up until it reaches computer capacity. And then it gets really laggy and choppy

Edited by Mantas
  • Like 2

Really nice changes and update! It's been a while since we've got so many things at once! Thanks!

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Ah ok. That wasn't clear from the update post. 

The chance of getting a map per rarity roll is mentioned in the section right below the one which you quoted in your previous post ;) (the section about the three different difficulties)

Edited by Ecrir

Journal.jpg

So where is Hunting for Clues journal tier? Still locked? Kinda makes no sense having "Hunting for treasure" tier already active but not the predecessor tier "Hunting for Clues"..

Edit, relogged, but hunting for clues still missing. Basic training ones appeared tho

Edited by Skatyna

It seems harvesting from trees/bushes doesn't progress the "Search via Farming or Harvesting" step, but maybe it's only supposed to work for crops harvesting?
How about herbs harvesting, from pottery planters? Are we able to get maps from these or only from crops?

2 minutes ago, Limewood said:

It seems harvesting from trees/bushes doesn't progress the "Search via Farming or Harvesting" step, but maybe it's only supposed to work for crops harvesting?

Confirmed, I think the description should be reworked and say "you can find maps from CROP harvesting and not pinenut harvesting"

1 hour ago, Mantas said:

Something strange going on with performance after this patch.. Out of nowhere, wurm clients starts taking 12+ GB of memory, also massive cpu/gpu spikes from time to time. It gets even worse to run a second client..

So im running around, exploring (only 1 wurm client running) and memory usage seem to just go up and up until it reaches computer capacity. And then it gets really laggy and choppy

I'm getting this as well. Only on my main though, my priest is fine.

I really appreciate the work that's gone into these fixes and features.

But, if I may, can we please have a solution to catapulting bridges (or being able to lightning bolt them like we can buildings, if we built them), and can we get Lurker in the Deep fixed as well please. :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • New:Players can now empty marble planters, flowerpots, and pottery planters by activating a shovel or trowel, right-clicking the item, and clicking “Empty”.
    • Emptying a flowerpot or marble planter will put the appropriate type of flower bouquet into the player’s inventory. For flowers planted after this change, the quality and damage of the flowers will be based on the quality and damage of the flowers used to plant it. For flowers planted before this change, the resulting flower will be 70QL.
  • Change: The following actions can now be performed with an activated container containing the appropriate items, without having to activate the item itself. For example, you may now queue multiple sowing actions using a satchel containing seeds. This will allow you to fill your entire action queue without having to change toolbelt slots or activate different items in between actions. Each action will use the first valid item found inside the container. Items inside sub-containers (such as a seed inside a satchel inside a backpack) can be used, but items directly inside the activated container are given preference. The full list of supported actions is as follows:
    • Sowing crops on dirt tiles
    • Planting sprouts on tiles
    • Planting hedges on tile borders
    • Planting flowers, grass, thatch, or reed on tiles
      • Planting things in pottery planters. To make this easier, selecting a toolbelt slot with a container will now, by default, activate the container instead of the first item found inside. This behaviour can be toggled on demand; clicking the same toolbelt slot again (or pressing the appropriate key binding, if any) will switch between activating the container and activating the item inside like before. This preference is set per toolbelt slot and is saved with the toolbelt arrangement.

Really awesome additions to QoL, thank you so much for this, it was very much needed 💜

51 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

I'm getting this as well. Only on my main though, my priest is fine.

I kept an eye on task manager while going home, and it seems to just gradually accumulate more memory whenever I move. It also seems to accumulate faster when I move faster. When I stand still it bounces up and down a bit but that's normal. But when traveling, eventually it reaches the point where it exhausts all my free memory, and then performance goes downhill fast.

• Like 1

The container-in-toolbelt QoL change is really awesome!

I have also went after my very first "teaser" novice map and it was a smooth and fun ride - apparently yes much more sense to get a map where I know which smudge is where actually :)

Going the Distance

Contribute to an Epic Mission Structure (mouse over specifies that it has to be for a mission, not just building one).

I did this a few months ago on xan.  It was a foundation pillar mission.  Active mission, got mission credit/karma/SB and all.

The new journal entry isn't giving credit. 

I am assuming that it isn't using the existing database, and it is just counting credit going forward.  Any chance this can be looked into and adjusted?  

Mission structures done for missions are not very common in my limited experience, so the fact that I did one I like the idea of getting credit for.  

ijK9k0o.jpg

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just SUPREMELY unlucky, but I've been dredging since the update dropped.  I've dredged almost 1k sand (never stacking actions past my rarity window) since the update and haven't got a single MoI.  Dredgeing is listed as one of the available actions, but are you sure you actually get an MoI from dredging?

Not sure how this got messed up but ticks from imping (with titles on ) are now atrocious. At 78 ql I am barely getting 0.1 improvement ticks (lot of fails), with title turned on and excellent quality tools. 

Been spending the entire day to imp a few lamps to 80 ql. I am 96 blacksmithing. A friend reported she's been trying to get some saddles to 90 ql at 98 LW and is getting more fails than usual. 

Please tell me this is a bug and not a ninja nerf...

Edited by elentari

6 hours ago, Vorticella said:

Excited for this! Already out foraging hoping to find a clue :)

The hunting for clues section in the journal has some items marked in green already, but I haven't done either of those actions yet since the update:

unknown.png

Same here.

Sign in to follow this